But that did nothing to assuage the guilt that circled in her gut like a beast gnawing at her insides. Steve, the man that had done everything for her, her best friend, deserved everything good in the world. And yet she continuously lied to him, keeping him in the dark about her lover that he had been searching for. Lying about Bucky's whereabouts, even though she knew how desperately Steve wanted to connect with his long lost best friend.

And the only excuse that would lessen her shame was the fact that it wasn't her secret to tell. It was Bucky's, and she had already tried to force him to see Steve. Although it was to no avail.

She also stayed in connect with Tony, the billionaire superhero whom she considered a son (who was actually biologically older than her which didn't quite make any sense). Tony's jokes always seemed to brighten up her day, leaving her body aching as she was left gasping for breath. A feeling that only Howard used to be able to elicit from her. One that he passed onto his son.

Allie also heard about his break up with Pepper, a story that broke her own heart as she adored the ginger haired woman very much. She listened to him grieve over the relationship, in his very few words, and she grieved with him. Knowing that he had lost a piece of his heart when Pepper walked out of his life.

But she also heard about a new crime-fighting vigilante terrorizing the streets of Queens, that went by the name of Spiderman. A hero that Tony had his eye on, knowing that greatness hummed in his veins. That with the right directions, could achieve heights that Iron Man never could.

A hero that also went by the name of Peter Benjamin Parker.

Even though Allie regularly conversed with the awkward teen over the phone, not once had he mentioned having superpowers. That he wore a crimson red and blue jumpsuit to fight bad guys in Queens. That he could catch a bus with his bare hands.

But to be fair, she also never told him that she was a 90 year old wanted criminal and past assassin for HYDRA. So she guessed she really didn't have any reason to be mad at him.

But other than that, life had been relatively perfect. They had received no word from HYDRA, the Police or any other international agencies calling for their arrest. She had heard nothing from Mikael since that failed mission over a year ago. Absolutely nothing.

So they just lived their lives.

They had spent their day laying on the couch watching tv. Bucky's head rested in her lap as she comfortingly massaged his scalp with her fingers, twirling pieces of his ebony hair into little braids before she pulled them apart. A therapeutic process that they both enjoyed far too much.

They hadn't even been watching the tv really. Rather it provided the background noise as they talked, a mere soundtrack drowned out by their conversations. Fading away from their ears as they only focused on each other.

"Chocolate or Strawberry?" She questioned, chestnut eyes trained down on her nimble fingers that attempted to make another braid from Bucky's unruly mess of hair.

"100% chocolate." He answered immediately, eyes closed as he reveled in the feeling. Tracing faint shapes into her ivory legs that he laid between.

"Ok, what's your favorite color?"

"Don't have one." He shrugged lazily.

Rolling her eyes, she continued with his braid. "Alright, what's mine?"

"Blue and yellow." He said instantly as if it were the easiest question in the world. Eyes peering open and meeting her surprised ones.

"How did you know that?" She gaped, brows furrowed as she regarded him with shock.