"I couldn't do anything to get them off, I couldn't protect my own son from being taken away from me." A gut-wrenching sob escaped my throat. "Sorry." I cleared my throat. 

"You don't have to be sorry. You can stop if you want." Damien assured.

"No, no. I- I have to do this or I won't be able to talk about it again." I calmed myself down and wiped my eyes. "After they left, I left Curtis a voicemail and told him that I never wanted to see him again and that whatever we had at the start was over. I hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks and that was when I came to you, I gave Rhys to you because I knew that I couldn't give him the life I wanted him to have but you could. You have money, you have a stable living, you actually have a house, you have people who can look after him. You would be the better parent. 

"I couldn't look after him and I didn't want him to grow up resenting me for not being able to give him the perfect life. When you told me to come and work for you I thought it was just out of sympathy, that you didn't want to split me and Rhys apart. I was going to say yes but I just needed time to balance out the pros and cons, I had no idea that Curtis was going to show up and I didn't know you would either, I never wanted you to see that."

"Was that the first time he did that?" 

"No. He has done it many times before, sometimes even joined the men he owed money too. But I knew not to fight him because he likes that, he loved hearing me scream or fight he thought it was an act. He thought everything was an act." I finished feeding Rhys and put down the empty pot and spoon. "But you came in and you saved me."

"I was too late."

"No you wasn't. He hadn't even moved yet, you got there just in time." I placed my hand over his free hand. 

"Surely I should be the one comforting you, not the other way around." He teased. 

"You know I wouldn't accept that comfort easily." I joked. "Anyway, I haven't heard from Curtis since that night and that's all thanks to you. I can't tell you how grateful I am for you doing what you did."

"I would do it all over again if I had too." 

"Let's hope you don't have to." I squeezed his hand and he returned the gesture. "Where is Mary-Jane and the girls, I haven't seen them in days?"

"I sent them on a little holiday, I thought they could use it." 

"That's nice."

"Once Luke and James go back home, I was thinking of us taking a little holiday as well."

"With or without Rhys?"

"Well the first two weeks is with Rhys, then we will come back home for a couple of days and then we are going off to Bora Bora for another two weeks." 

"That sounds nice but that is so long being away from Rhys." I whined. "I haven't been away from him for that long, three days was bad enough." He took my hand up to his mouth and kissed my palm while maintaining eye contact.

"Marley, you deserve a break. After everything that you have been through and everything that I have put you through, you deserve this. Rhys will be looked after by Mary-Jane and my mother told me that she would come over and check up on everyone. It will be fine. You deserve this." He placed another kiss on my palm and I groaned. 

"Are you sure? I can pay my half."

"No I am paying for everything, you deserve this alright?"

"Okay. As long as you are sure."

"Of course I'm sure why wouldn't I be? I get to spend holiday with my son and the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Not in the world." I blushed and looked away. He gripped my chin and pulled my face back to look at him.

"The world." He whispered.  "The world." He pecked my lips and then pulled away, I smiled at him and was about to kiss him again but Rhys giggled and bounced in his seat. 

"No I'm not but this little boy here is the most adorable little boy in the world." I cooed. I stood from my chair and picked him up. "I love you Rhys. I love you so so much." I kissed his head and inhaled his scent. "I'll go and make dinner, what do you want?" I asked Damien as I put Rhys in his arms. 

"You." He said casually. 

"What?"

"You."

"You want me for dinner?"

"Yes."

"I'm sure that's cannibal- oh." I finally got what he meant. It's a good job Rhys can only say one word, he probably understands more than that. "Well there is a child present and no one else can look after him, so seriously what do you want for dinner?"

"Chinese." He answered seriously. 

"Homemade or take away?"

"Takeaway." 

"Okay then." I picked up my phone and started making my way out of the room, but before I left I told Damien, "Maybe you can have me for dessert." He turned to me and I winked. 

"Oh mama." I heard as I left the room laughing. Time to call the Chinese shop.