1

It was another ordinary Monday morning for Sami. Busy, cranky with all those hustles and bustles. There was nothing special despite the fact that it was the first day of her senior year in high school.

She was on her way to school but still stuck in a traffic jam caused by a minor collision of two cars ahead of them. She looked at her watch. Her school was not that far from where they were. But as far as her routine was concerned, she was running a little late. Her driver noticed the time, too. He was feeling anxious and from time to time was saying sorry to her.

"It's okay, Uncle Nam. It really is. No one will know." She answered as the driver said his 25th 'sorry' to her.

Sami doesn't mind it at all. She was not even feeling anything. Her class starts at eight but because of her strict and imposed routine, she was supposed to be at school at exactly seven. Today was the first time she broke her programmed schedule.

Finally, the car pulled over. It was now two past seven. As what she always does, she thanked her driver and stepped out of the car. She began to walk along the corridor of what seemed to be a very exclusive school. Indeed, it was.

Lee Sami was an only child and the heiress of City Sparks Resorts and Casinos, a well- known business chain across Asia. She was living the life every girl could ever dream of. A wealthy life, to say the least, a very much secured future and the ability of getting the best among the best within her reach were just few to mention. She was practically a princess. She was living a dreamy life but with more limitations and no freedom. With the status that she has, it was just justice to send her to a very exclusive school like the Academie Royale. It was a school where the richest kids in Seoul go to. But she didn't like going in this school. She could see through the other kids clearly. She knows that everything they do was just for business. For her, it was more of a 'grooming' school more than an educational one. But, what choice does she have? Her parents didn't even want to send her abroad until college. So, she still has a year to spend with the other kids.

She had her eighteenth birthday last month. And of course, a grandiose party was held. Her birthday party turning into a business party was not new to her. But the party she had this time was remarkable. It was totally the other way. It was so surprising that even she could not believe that it happened. And though it was not in her liking, she has nothing else to do but to accept. Because that was what she was expected to do.

After a few minutes of walking and passing through some halls and classrooms, she finally reached her new classroom for the new school term. It was huge, cozy and bright. Its ceiling was high for a usual classroom. And the desks were top-class, of course. As usual, she's the first student to come. But any minute now, her classmates would arrive. She scanned the room once more. Every desk already has name plates on it. She was able to locate hers easily but noticed something odd. The desks were supposed to be only fifteen but this time, there were sixteen. The new desk was even beside hers for it has no nametag yet. They were arranged in 4 by 4 and it separates all the girls from the boys.

"Is there a new one?" she asked herself out loud.

"Yeah?" a voice answered. She looked over her shoulder and saw Kim Hansol, another chaebol, leaning on the door frame and also looking at the desks.

"Good morning, Lee Sami-shi!" he greeted her lively when their eyes met. "I've heard a news about you!" he said walking to his desk just in the first row on her right. There was an evident teasing and excitement on his statement.

"Please, stop." Sami responded right away as she also walked towards her desk which was among the middle columns and at the last row. The empty seat was just on her right, facing the board.

"What? Is it even surprising in our status?" asked Hansol looking at her over his shoulder. He was smirking and waiting any reaction from Sami who was busy checking his desk.

"No." Sami said coldly, "But of all people, I didn't expect that you would bring it up." She stared back at him and rolled her eyes.

Hansol was known to be the prankster and the tactless in their class. He just doesn't know when to stop talking and in what point. He has no filter and no care. But when he's in front of people, especially the media, he can be considered as a nominee for an acting award. To prove it, he was once described by the media as the diligent and well- mannered son of the Kim Industries and Services.

"Bring up what?", Rina asked. Kang Rina, not an only child, but an only daughter of another wealthy family in Seoul. She's the 'chick' in their class and a total spoiled brat. Unlike Kim Hansol, Kang Rina doesn't really care about her image in front of the cameras. She was caught up in a handful underage clubbing incidents and dating scandals but she just doesn't give a damn. "Oh. Hi Sami! Good morning!" she greeted while actually looking at her newly done nails. She was seated on the teacher's desk.

Another rolling of eyes happened from Sami. And instead of answering Rina, she just dropped her face on her desk. Talking to these people wouldn't hurt but wouldn't do any good to her either. So she closed her eyes and decided to wait until eight o'clock ticks.

She was with these rich kids since middle school and even without looking at them, she would surely know who was talking or laughing, even walking. That's how familiar they were to her but despite that, she actually chose not to befriend anyone. She chose not to be involved to anyone but herself.

Thirty minutes have passed and Sami was still burying her face on her desk. She was sure that they were complete. But suddenly, the noise fell out by a surprised appearance. Curious enough, Sami lifted her head to see the reason of the sudden peace in their room. Her forehead was red and her vision was still blurry. She searched the room and saw a silhouette of a man on the front door. She squinted to see if it was their teacher and as her vision became clearer, her eyes gotten wider next.

It was not their teacher.

It was the new student.

Someone she ought to know.