Chapter Twenty-One - Jessica

//Mack's POV//

Once me and Jack were in the hotel lobby, he turned to me.

"Where do you want to go, love?" I shrugged and he grabbed my hand, sprinting outside and down the sidewalk.

Him having much longer legs than me, I struggled to keep up. Realizing this, he stopped and picked me up.

Wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, terrified that he would drop me.

"Jack, put me down." I squealed and he shook his head as he continued to walk.

He stopped at a bench where an older married couple was sitting and set me down so that he could fix his shoelaces which had come undone.

"You two are so cute together. Don't you just adore going love Arthur?" The lady asked her husband and he nodded. My face began to heat up but before I could say anything, Jack spoke up.

"Thank you," He smiled at them and grabbed my hand, starting to walk again.

"Why'd you-"

"Because it's easier than trying to convince them that we're not."

I nodded as we walked into Westfield.

"Shit." I heard Jack mutter and I looked at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him and he shook his head, not even looking at me but instead at something behind me.

I turned and followed his eyes to see Andy fucking Fowler talking to a girl that looked like she could be a supermodel.

I bit my lip and turned away, walking into the nearest store. Jack ran to catch up with me and looked at me guiltily.

"I'm so sorry, if I knew he-" I shook my head, cutting him off.

"It's fine Jack." I muttered, looking through a rack of clothing. I had walked into a Hot Topic, which I was happy about at least.

I heard a familiar voice taking somewhere close, and instinctively turned towards it. Andy was about 15 feet away from us and hadn't seen us yet.

As they got closer, I was able to pick up snippets of their conversation. But one thing in particular made my blood boil.

"You can come over to my room tonight, babe." It was the girl.

Jack heard it too and looked at me with wide eyes. I shook my head again and walked out of the store, slamming my side against Andy as I did so and making him almost fall over.

Jack ran after me again and caught up to me, grabbing my arm to stop me from walking.

"Mack, please." I shook my head again with tears in my eyes. He saw them and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey guys, didn't see you here. What's up?" I heard Andy say and I tensed. "This is Jessica." I stopped breathing for a second.

Jack seemed to notice because he pulled me away and looked me in the eyes with fear.

I snapped out of it and slowly turned to see the two of them, putting in my best fake smile as I did so.

"Hi Jessica, I'm Mackenzie." I said in the most cheerful voice I could muster up. I reached out a hand and she just looked at it.

I rolled my eyes, pulling my hand away. She smiled 'sweetly' at me and spoke. "Hi Mackenzie, it's so lovely to meet you." She said in a sickly sweet voice.

I smiled and turned to Andy and Jack who were staring at me and Jessica's interaction in confusion.

They shook it off. "So Andy, how did you and Jessica meet?" I asked him with a smile, even though I wanted to kill someone.,

"Um, we've known each other for a while." I clenched my teeth to stop myself from growling. "We dated a while back."

I glanced at Jessica, only to see her smiling at me. Not a kind smile, but a 'i-just-stole-your-boyfriend' smile.

Jack must've seen through my act because he said, "Well, we were just gonna grab a bite to eat. Bye." He began pulling me away.

"Wait." Jessica said, grabbing my other arm and stopping us. "We were going to do that to, so why don't we go together." She said with a smile, digging her long fingernails into my arm.

I winced but neither boys seemed to notice. Jack looked at me. "I mean-"

"I don't think I'm hungry anymore." I said quickly as I yanked my arm from Jessica's grip. I quickly walked away and into the nearest store. I heard footsteps behind me but I just assumed that they were Jack's.

"What just happened, are you okay?" It was Andy. My entire body froze.

"I'm fine, not like you'd care." I growl, not even looking at him.

"Mack, please tell me wh-"

I spun around and glared at him. "Maybe how you dump me for 'both of our careers', and then a few hours later you're with another girl. So I'm sorry if I'm not happy, but you're the one who caused this." I slammed my shoulder against his as I walked past him. "So go fuck that slut all you like, that's all she wants you for and it's obvious."

I walked out of the store and and headed towards the mall exit. Jack ran over to me and looked at me with worried eyes.

"Don't worry Jack, I'm fine." I said holding back tears.