Chapter 1: Present

Emma stormed from a dream. Another awful dream where she was drowning or falling woke her up. She had a lot of those lately.

She wiped away a creek of sweat that was streaming down her forehead. She sighed deeply. Her heart was beating wide.She knew she's not going to fall asleep again anytime soon.

She laid down on her back and started rubbing her stomach gently. It was really big now. The doctor said there remains a month to the birth.

It was six months since he left. He took what he wanted and dissapeared. She wanted to be mad at him because of that but she knew in the corner of her heart that she will always love him. Even when she tried she just couldn't, she was carrying his child under her heart.

Her parents didn't know who's the father of the foetus that was growing in her. Her father had some comments but her mother calmed him down. She knew her daughter well and she always could tell when something was bothering her. For those six ling months she understood it's something bigger this time.

Even though Emma was ashamed to admit it, she enjoyed her condition. It brought new reason to be happy into her life. It had its disadvantages like morning sinckness and exhaustion but it was all suppressed when her baby first kicked her. Back then she realized for the first time what she had. She also liked when her baby bump started showing.

Her mother was at first dressing her up in baggy clothes like she was trying to hide her pregnancy, but Emma didn't let her. She was walking with her head up and she ignored all the curious and dissenting looks from other people. She considered it as a statement of rebellion that he taught her. Oh yes, he.

Although she loved her child so much,everytime she touched her stomach she thought of him. Of all the pain, sadness but also pleassure he caused her.

She wished he wouldn't leave. Her parents would't aprove him, but Emma would go at the end of the world with him.

Emma braced against the bed and stood up. Her stomach was already so big and it was supposed to grow for another month.

She walked barefoot on the stone floor. It was cold but it was at least a bit calming down her hot body. She kept holding her stomach, protecting the most precious thing she had.

Cool night breeze completly woke her up on the balcoon. It was total dark outside, only the moon was showing shape of the city and endless ocean. It was reflected on the water and filling the atmosphere.

Emma used to watch the sky a lot. Day or night, she stood on her balcoon and thinking how far her piarate can be.

,,Why did you leave?'' she whispered into the night. Maybe the mutter if the wind will bring her words to him. Maybe he'll hear them and come back for her.

Oh no, Emma. He is just a thief, she tried to convice herself, failing.

The night looked like never ending but Emma knew the sun will start raising soon.

With tears in her eyes she returned inside. She laid into her baldachin bed, maybe she'll be able to fall asleep. She sank her head into soft pillows. A small tear streamed down her cheek when she asked herself for a millionth time: ,, Why did you leave, Killian?"