Like a trance.

     •••

     When you arrived, you immediately noted everyone was already at Beverly's house actually, making you were last to arrive. Beverly was sitting on the fourth stairwell of her complex. You abandoned your bike on a curb as all the others did, exemplified by the pile of bikes on the edge, before gathering with everyone else. Sweat dropped from your face, from the stress of how your mother would be acting after your blatant disobedience and from the stress of what had happened to Beverly, even if you didn't know what it was yet.

     "I need to show you something," Beverly said, her fearful tone from her call to you nothing but a lingering note. You and Richie made jokes simultaneously, though Richie's joke mixed with a question.

     "Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. I kinda got that from the call." You said, smirking.

     "What is it? More than we saw at the Quarry?" Richie said, sounding almost excited.

     Eddie whipped his head towards the both of you. "Shut up! Just shut up you two!" He yelled. You flinched, looking downwards.

     "Sorry...jeez." You muttered, hands fumbling at your sides.

     "My dad will kill me if he finds out...I had people in the apartment." Beverly said. You understood her point to an extent- your mother let you go out, sure, but she didn't let anyone visit your house or vice versa, probably out of some sort of suspicion. You decided not to linger on the topic present in your brain, switching back to Beverly's predicament.

     Bill, of course, had a plan. "W-we'll leave a lookout. R-Richie, you stay here." Bill said as you all ran towards Beverly.

      "Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah! What if her dad comes back?" Richie yelled out. Your eyes widened- was that? a valid question? from Richie?

      Stan turned around to yell at Richie as you all ran upstairs. "Do what you always do! Start talking!" You snorted.

      "It is a gift..." Richie said dismally as you all ran upstairs.

     "Sorry, we're leaving you out here, Rich. I'd stay, but..." You looked at Richie on his lonesome- being alone. Your biggest fear. But you wouldn't say that. "I like groups." You caught up with everyone else, leaving Richie confused in your wake.

     •••

     You traversed through the dark halls of the house and sucked in a breath, wondering why Beverly and her father kept everything so dim. Where they nocturnal or some shit?

     "In there..." Beverly said, pointing towards her bathroom.

     "What is it?" Stan asked, and you nodded towards him, sharing his question.

      "You'll see..." Beverly said softly.

     "Great, bringing us to the bathroom? You know that 89% of the worst accidents occur in the bathroom and kitchen- and that's where all the bacteria and fungi are...and it is not a hygienic place..." Eddie stuttered out.

      "Shut the fuck up for five seconds about your germs, goddamnit!" You whispered-yelled at Eddie as Bill opened the bathroom door. Eddie sent a glare your way.

     "I knew it!" Eddie screamed as Beverly opened her bathroom door, before gagging. Your breath hitched inside your throat before a pathetic sound came from your muth.

    "Who the fuck let Micheal Myers and Laurie Strode battle it out in here?" You said quietly, trying to play it cool after that embarrassing sound came out of you.