~32 The First Day~

Start from the beginning

(Don't mind the Loreal logo)

"Well, guess I better-"

"Hello!"

"HOLY SHIT!!" I jumped back, clearly startled by the sudden appearance of another person.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! I didn't take into account I would scare you! Please forgive me!" The person ahead, a short girl who looked to be about nineteen with long flowing silver locks and vibrant magenta eyes, bowed her head down.

"O-oh, its alright." I said, regaining my composure. "I'm [F/N], [F/N] [L/N]. I'm here for my internship with Luminous." I outstretched my hand to the girl in front of me.

"I'm well aware! It's a pleasure to meet you Miss [F/N]! Or should I say, Nymph!" The girl grabbed my outstretched hand in hers and shook it. "I'm Jalee Miyasaki, call me Miya, Miss Luminous's personal assistant! She sent me down to bring you up!"

"Nice to meet you Miya! Though I can't help but wonder, how'd you..."

"Suddenly appear right next to you? Haha, I thought you'd ask that. Its my quirk!" Miya placed her hand out in front of her and drew out a vertical line. Suddenly, a glimmering violet oval appeared.

"...YOU CAN MAKE PORTALS?!" I asked, wait no, shouted as I stared with admiration at the silver haired female. Miya averted her gaze as a small blush spread over her cheeks.

"Y-yeah, they don't work for long distances though, which sucks. The farthest the portals go is just above the distance between here and the top floor, where we'll be going to see Miss Luminous."

"Either way, that's still so cool!" I exclaimed, still amazed.

"Thank you, now, lets head up before Miss Luminous wonders where we are." Without second thought, Miya walked right through the portal. I figured the portal was safe, so, following Miya's lead, I closed my eyes, and stepped through.

"Ah! You've arrived!" I cheerful voice spoke out. I opened my eyes to see I was no longer outside the building, but inside on the top floor. "Hello Nymph! I'm Luminous! I'm so excited to work with you!"

A tall woman with shoulder length golden hair and big glowing yellow eyes stuck out her hand for me to shake.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stunned. The heroine before me was literally glowing. After coming out of my shock, I connected her hand with mine and gave it a firm shake.

"It's an honor to be here Miss Luminous." I said, bowing slightly.

"Oh you don't have to do any of that," Luminous giggled, waving her hand in the air. "I should be honored that you chose my internship! I'm sure you had tons of offers to choose from, so it's a miracle you chose mine."

"Well I know you specialize in power control, and that's one thing I really need to work on." I nervously laughed as I rubbed my forearm.

Luminous's smile faded as her face went more serious, turning her back to me. "Yes, it is. True, you showed great power during the Sport's Festival, but the hardest part of wielding such power is controlling it." Luminous looked back over her shoulder and smiled at me, her perfect teeth glowing white. "Let's get started, shall we? Go get on your costume."

~~~~~

One thing I've learned in the past seven hours of working with Luminous: She doesn't play around when it comes to power control.

Her methods may seem strange to others, but they truly are quite affective.

The first thing she had me do was simply sit and try to summon my elements from my palms. Some of them were easy, like fire. But others, such as my electricity, were harder to control.