"I don't want you to leave."

Maia paused and almost missed a step when she heard him. Biting her lower lip, she turned around to properly look at young man behind her. "I don't want that too but I have to," smiling up to him, she reached out and cupped his cheek, thumb caressing his soft skin.

"I can always join you. Walk you up to your doorstep, maybe say hi to Andy real quick, and then go back here," Tom suggested taking her hand from his cheek and laced their fingers together.

"Tom," she paused, eyes dancing against his. She shook her head, looking apologetic. "Tommy," Maia smiled and leaned up to leave a kiss on his cheek before letting her lips trail up to his ear. "Maybe next time, love," she whispered before pulling away.

"This is nice and all but Maia is going to miss her train and it's too early for me to watch you two be all gross and angsty," Harrison's voice suddenly broke through the bubble Tom and Maia accidentally made. His unspoken 'I'm still too drunk and hungover for this' was heard clearly by the couple.

Try as she might, the girl couldn't help but roll her eyes as her lover? Boyfriend? Boy friend? Best friend who occasionally kiss her and take her out to dates? Or whatever he is now to her life huffed and finally acknowledged his best friend, who volunteered to come and stop Tom from sneaking into the train to be with Maia.

"It's 9 a.m.," Maia pointed out with disbelief as the male beside her said, "way to ruin the moment mate."

Harrison just shrugged his shoulders and gave them an even stare. "Still too early for me to have Tom be angsty and clingy."

"Hey!"

A snort and a hand pulling Tom away from Maia by his arm after, Haz pointed out the little fact that Tom forgot. "Mate, you'll see her this February. I saw you both checking for plain tickets. Don't act like you'll never see her again."

"And you need to get laid," Maia spoke up like she was just pointing out a fact and pulled Tom back to her side. "And we are not done yet Harrison. I still have to give Spandex his goodbye kiss or he'll throw a tantrum."

"Stop calling me Spandex," Tom grumbled as he slipped his arm around her waist. Maia though just ignored him.

"I don't even know why Blake likes you. You being a cock block and all," the ballerina continued, clicking her tongue as an effect.

"Oh my god, Maia. I didn't know you were making out when I came to his room last night," Harrison rebutted, rubbing his face with his hand in mock frustration. Or is he really frustrated? "And Blake doesn't like me like how you are implying."

"But you want her to," this time, Tom joined in with a knowing look on his face.

"Haz, we haven't seen each other for like five days. Of course we would be making out," Maia pointed out the obvious.

Harrison though was just fed up. Why did he even volunteered to babysit Tom, knowing he would be drinking his way through the party the night before? Tom and a hungover Haz doesn't usually go well together but add Maia into the mix? God's he must have a death wish.

Looking at the huge clock by the station's ticketing office, Harrison had to fight the huge smile that wanted to make an appearance. "Oh wow. Would you look at that. Time to go Maia or you'll miss your train."

Knowing his best friend and Maia needs a few minutes for themselves for a proper goodbye, this time, he turned to smile at them. "Go on. I'll be waiting over there. I want to say: take all the time both of you need or want but we don't have the luxury of that knowing you two. I'll even turn around so that Tom can bury his tongue deep into your throat Mai."

Seeing the disgusted face his friends are showing him, Harrison chuckled and did was he promised as he waved them off.

"I'm going to miss you," Tom spoke up before pulling her close to him.

"I know you will," she mumbled out her answer against his shirt, hugging him tightly. "Because I will be missing you too."

Tom didn't let go of her just yet. Before she could even step back, he already reached out to delicately cup her face with his hand while his other made their way through her hair as he leaned down to kiss her.

The kiss wasn't like their first, hesitant and shy. It was not even the same with the one they shared when she arrived in London yesterday, filled with longing and passion. This one is filled with promises and unspoken feelings. Desperate and hungry. It took so much self control for the two to step back and stop.

Tom didn't leave, didn't move an inch. His eyes following her retreating back, counting the steps she takes. They said their goodbyes, said their promises to texting each other when they reach home but he never left his spot. He only moved when he can't see any sign of her dark brown waves that he had grown to love.

He'll have her in his arms again. It would take a month and a few days but she did promise. And he would hold on to her for that because in this relationship, Tom is the one who occasionally breaks them to do good but it is her who actually keeps them.

After all, Maia Marseille just doesn't give out her promises. And when she does, she always comes through.

Writer's Notes:

You do know that I appreciate your comments and votes, right? Because I really really do. I love reading what you thought about a chapter or how you react to a certain line. So thank you for leaving them.
By the way, this work of fic is unbeta'd. We die like men here. I do proofread but there is still a chance I miss a few. I do apologise for that.

—Meg