●screw them (max imagine)●

Comincia dall'inizio

"what's up, y/n? you haven't found anything." max asks walking towards y/n.

"i'm just tired of wearing dresses." y/n honestly responds.

"well don't wear them then." max responds.

"my dad and mom want me to wear them. they also don't like me wearing dark clothing." y/n sighs sadly.

"screw them." max says, rather loudly. "screw them. wear what you want to wear. i'll help you look."

"really?" y/n smiles.

"really." max confirms.

they look for about half an hour until settling on matching outfits. y/n had a black shirt with the word 'night' imprinted on the front in a white font, as max had a white shirt with the word 'day' written in black font. they both wore dark blue shorts.

the two girls walk out hand in hand, getting some weird looks from everyone around, but they didn't care. not one bit.

y/n was so happy that she didn't have a fake friend and max was beyond happy that someone actually wanted to be her friend.

"hey, do you want to have a sleepover at my house tonight?" max asks as they sit in their seats on the bus.

"i'll have to ask my parents, but it should be okay." y/n says.

they talk all on the way back from the mall and they stop outside the kline mansion.

"i'll hopefully come round later, i have your number and i know where you live. see ya later, maxine the skater queen." y/n says kissing max's cheek turning the mayfield girl turn a bright red.

y/n hops out of the bus and runs into her house.

"mom? dad?" y/n calls walking into the kitchen where they both stood.

"what the hell are you wearing?" y/n's mother asks shocked.

"i was just trying something out." y/n quietly responds.

"no! you change out of that immediately!" y/n's father yells.

"no." y/n argues yet she immediately regretted it.

"what did you say?" her father asks anger visibly showing on his face.

"you don't care what i feel! you treat me like crap! you both force me to dress all feminine! i've met someone who i really care about and i think she cares about me too! i actually really like her! yeah, i like girls! so what? screw both of you! i'm going to her house for the night whether you like it or not!" y/n says whipping around to walk out the door.

"fine! don't bother coming home! ever! i don't want a queer in here!" her father yells as she runs out the house.

tears cloud y/n's vision as she runs out the house.

she finally makes it to max's house.

she looks into the nearest window which happens to be max's. she was writing in a book, maybe it was diary.

y/n clambers up the ledge and knocks lightly on her window.

max suddenly looks up. a smile appears on her face until she notices the tears on y/n's cheeks.

max runs over to the window and opens it up. she grabs y/n's arm and carefully pulls her into her room.

"y/n, what happened?" max asks sitting y/n on the bed, pulling her close.

"they didn't like that i was wearing this." y/n says pointing to her clothes.

"oh, i'm so sorry. it's all my fault, y/n/n. if i didn't buy you the clothes, this wouldn't have happened." max says, rubbing y/n's arm.

"no, i don't mind them not liking my outfit. it's-" y/n began.

"it's alright, y/n. you can tell me anything." max smiles reassuringly.

"i don't like boys. i like girls. they told me not to come home ever again." y/n cries.

"can i tell you a secret? the real reason why my old friends decided that they didn't like me." max asks.

y/n nods her head.

"it's because i like girls, too." max smiles, grabbing y/n's hand.

"really?" y/n says sniffing slightly.

"really. can i tell you another secret?" max says playing with her hands.

"always." y/n says.

"i like you." max says holding her breath.

y/n leans forwards and lightly pecks max's lips.

"does that mean that you like me too?" max smirks.

"yeah, i like you too." y/n chuckles.

"so, do you, maybe want to be my girlfriend?" max asks awkwardly.

"yeah, i would love to be your girlfriend." y/n smiles.

"it's getting pretty late, do you want to go to sleep?" max asks hugging her girlfriend.

"i guess. i don't have anything to wear." y/n responds.

"i have plenty of shirts you can borrow, or keep, i honestly don't mind." max says walking to her draws and picking up a baby blue shirt and throwing to her girlfriend.

"thanks, max." y/n says and she turns around to get change as max does the same, both of the girls occasionally taking a peak of the other.

after getting changed y/n and max lay next to each, pulling each other closer.

"now that you don't have a place to go, you're staying with me." max says kissing y/n's forehead.

"thank you, max. thank you so much." y/n smiles.

"anything for my girl." max says as the girls start falling asleep in each others embrace.

in that moment, the two teens, who didn't even know each other for a full day, didn't care about anybody else. not max's old 'friends', not y/n's parents because they had each other and that's all that matters.