𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙪𝙨𝙚

𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐮𝐬𝐞
/𝚋𝚎𝚛ˈ𝚜𝚘͝𝚘𝚣,-ˈ𝚜œ𝚣/
𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯
lullaby; song used to put someone to sleep
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
𝐕 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕
Ah, yes. Restless nights are the worst yet the best.

Everything around me was dark, just like my style of clothing. The blinds were shut tight, the door remained unmoving as my blank gaze was merely glued to the equally blank and white ceiling.

A sigh escapes my lips, as I turned to my left. The overflowing laundry basket beneath my desk was quite an eyesore, but I never bothered to even do anything about it. Plastered onto the walls were pictures and posters of different kinds, but my gloomy expression was replaced by the sight of me with my wife, smiling.

A small smile graces onto my face as I turned to my right. Behold to my sight, a sleeping H/C-ette whom I called my beloved wife. That small smile escalated as I scooted over to her much closer.

She squirms in her sleep due to the sudden weight, but then calms down, as she wraps her arms around my waist. I flinch at the action, but immediately sunk in her warm embrace.

I reach out a hand towards her sleeping figure, entangling her luscious locks in between my pale fingers. I twirled a strand of her hair in my index finger, and reached out my other hand to play with it; braiding it, twirling it, gently pulling on it, and more.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, as her shining E/C eyes bore onto my figure. I froze in place, but instantly thawed as she directed a gentle smile towards me, and caused me to sigh inwardly in relief.

"Flower...you can't sleep, can you?"

Once again, I freeze in place, a light blush powdering my face red. With an embarrassed look, I nodded stiffly, biting the bottom of my lip as I averted my gaze. A cute giggle emitted from the said girl, flashing one of her iconic smiles.

This always happened, and I'd always be embarrassed about it. Since we shared a bed, it was easier to play with her hair while sleeping. Cuz when we had seperate rooms, it made me feel like an absolute child, idiot, and criminal to come into her room at midnight because I couldn't sleep.

She hastily scoots over next to me, placing a warm hand at the back of my head, and gently pushing me onto the crook of her neck. I could feel her heartbeat quickening and decelerating, and the heated breath I released.

I then felt a hand gently stroking my monochromatic locks and the cold ring of metal slid on her ring finger. Small humming reverberated from her voice box. It was a soft hum, of the song Stickybug, or Ojama mushi by DECO*27, her favorite, who frequently used Miku.

Even though she loved his songs, I was glad she chose me over him.

The graceful humming still continued, as I steadied my breathing pace. She was an Utaite; of course it would be natural for her to be graceful at singing - even humming! And that's what caused this musical relationship.

"Suki tte itte, suki tte itte. Hoka ni nani mo iranai kara... Ne~ suki tte itte; wasurenai yo ni! Kimi igai wa iranai kara~"

That voice...that graceful voice...

Just hearing it would immediately calm anyone down; especially me, as I am able to experience it second handedly as her beloved wife (or as she called, 'waifu').

She continued to sing out, and I could slowly find myself drifting off. A small yawn escapes my lips, squirming and snuggling deeper into the crook of her neck, being accompanied with beatific singing and calm heartbeats.

I slowly drifted off into a peaceful sleep, my eyes finally drooping and fully letting unconsciousness envelop my body into dreamland. Before sleeping, I heard a tiny giggle, and I felt soft breathing and the planting of her lips upon my forehead.

"Goodnight sweetheart... I'll sing for you forever and ever... Sweet dreams, my lovely Flower."
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
© ; 𝙠𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙭 .˚ ᵎ┊͙
⋆* ✧⁺⑅