The Wolf

"Can we not go this way," Jiro spoke after a long walk of silence, stopping in her tracks while Bakugou stopped a few steps ahead. He looked back at her, frowning his brows together.

"What's wrong walking this way? I've fucking walked up here a million times," Bakugou told her annoyed because it was too early in the morning for him to get angry.

"Can't we just go the other way." Jiro pointed to a different route that also led to UA. "It's safer down that way and I'm more familiar with it." That was a lie, Jiro rarely ever comes through this neighbour and she never walked through there back when there were no dorms. Why lie then? It was because she knew what was down this road.

Bakugou, on the other hand, was very familiar with the other path but it passed by his old middle school, a place he'd rather not look back on. That's why he's been taking this route lately whenever he'd walked to UA.

"That path takes fucking longer to get to school, and if it's safety you're worried about I'll blast anyone's ass if they try anything funny." With that said, Bakugou kept moving up the path. Jiro sighed and trailed after Bakugou, why did she even bother?

Silence arose from the ground once again as the two walked but now a new friend was there with them, apprehensive. It was sitting on Jiro's shoulders, weighing her down as she walked. Hopefully, lucky would be on her side so she wouldn't have-

All hope was lost when Jiro heard the sound of a male teen singing ahead of them and there was no turning back now. As they came closer, the lyrics became more clear to hear.

"Every night again,
Dancing with the moonlight
So far away
I can hear your call...- No way!"

The male stopped his singing when he spotted Jiro and practically jumped over his white fence that was around his yard, like a wolf, landing right in front of Jiro. 

Ironically, he did have traits of a wolf,  his fur was shaggy and gray fading into white. His ears were on top of his head, connected to his fur. His snout was black and his eyes were golden with a black dot for a pupil. He had a tail too which was waging side to side from joy.

"Kyoka is that really you?!" The guy asked excitedly.

"You know this bastard?" Bakugou irritatedly asked Jiro.

"Yeah, hi Achak," Jiro replied unenthusiastically, backing up a bit to give herself some room. That did no use since Achak just outright hugged her.

Bakugou felt his anger levels rise watching this dog with that smug face hug Jiro. Who the fuck did this guy think he was to just hug her? Not to mention already using her first name!

The wolf boy finally let go and held a bright smile. 

"It's been so long Kyoka, I was beginning to think your family moved to another country for your dad's music carrier. Not doubt that you'll be following in his footsteps too and making the big times!"

Jiro deadpanned, cursing and swearing while banging her head against the wall in her mind. This guy was always so annoying ever since they were in middle school together. Sure, he wasn't bad when they first met when their families were at the same concert to see their parents perform, something just changed.

"I'm actually in UA, as you can tell by the uniform, I'm training to become a hero and help save others," Jiro stated.

Achak's ears flopped back. "Oh..." he sounded a bit disappointed from his tone but yet sad. " Well- uh- good for you. I'm proud you're up to make a difference." He gave a fake smile and jokingly punched her arm lightly. His ears then quickly perked up as an idea came to mind. "You'll still sing from time to time, right?"