chapter ten ─ "Fine I'm sorry we lied,"

Start from the beginning

"What happened?"

"We're trying to figure that out. As soon as we do, you'll be able to read it in the newspaper with everybody else. So, have a nice day." The officer said.

"Look, officer, if there id any way-" Allison said taking her sunglasses off.

"Holy shit!" The officer exclaimed turning back around. Luna pushed her arm infront of Allison pulling her sunglasses down to the bridge of her nose. "Uh..."

"You're Allison and Luna Hargreeves? I saw you on Tv two nights ago in that Sandra Bullock movie about underpaid teachers that rob a bank." He explained.

"Yeah. That's me." Allison said smiling.

"Wow I-I can't believe it. The nightmare herself, I saw you take down Mitchell Holly and that first round...wow," He said pointing towards Luna.

She smiled, "Yep, uh, she's a old friend of mine." Luna replied nodding her head, feeling a bit exposed.

Sure she had gotten a recognized before but not a whole lot. Whenever it would happen she was at fights or press junkies. Whenever she would go out she was always with Abby or Miley to bail her out of the situation. She was always terrified she was gunna hurt someone on accident.

"Oh! Wow. Hey. If I'm being honest, my wife and I, we prefer you in the romantic comedies."

"Oh."

"The Love on Loan trilogy. We can't get enough." The officer said and Allison nodded and smiled as the awkward silence filled the air.

"Copy, Cheddar?" The officer's radio called.

"Yeah, what do you got, Fred?" The officer Cheddar answered. "Hospital called. Perp from last night just regained consciousness."

"Copy. I'll be right over." Officer Cheddar answered before looking between the two girl. "Allison and Luna freakin' Hargreeves. Wow." The two looked down and chuckled. "Ah, my wife's not gonna believe it. Anyway, I-- I-- I... I gotta go."

"Oh."

"Work stuff. Yeah."

"Ye-yeah, of course. Sorry." Luna stuttered stepping to the side as Officer Cheddar past.

"Actually, that's...why we're here." Allison said stopping the him, "I'm- I'm researching a role. A law enforcement role." She quickly lied.

"In Jackpine Cove? We haven't had a murder here in years."

"Oh, uh... it's about, um...a small-town cop who takes down a drug cartel. In fact, maybe we could tag along while you conduct some official police business?" Allison lied.

Luna nodded, "Yeah, I, uh, I'm thinking about hearing a bodyguard and I just wanna see what cop's do on case's." Luna added nodding.

"We promise...we won't get in the way. I just... I think you could really, um...help me develop my character, if I could live a day in the life, you know."

"Day in the life, huh?" He asked as the sister lightly smiled.

"Eh... Come on. Follow me."