Stolen (Yeonjun)

About: You belong in a team of thieves. One of your next missions happen to be stealing Choi Yeonjun's watch.
Includes: Romance, Heist! AU
Trigger Warnings: None
[Requested Imagine?]

***

Through the car window, I looked around and my eyes caught a familiar figure entering the arena.

Choi Yeonjun. He was popular, handsome...

And rich.

"He's wearing the watch." I chuckled as I got up and went to change in the back of the van.

"Alright, Y/n, now Taehyun will meet you down there. Once you're in, give Soobin the signal." Beomgyu opened his laptop as he pulled up his sleeves. 

After I put on my costume, I walked over to Beomgyu's side. "Yeah, yeah. This is the third time you've told me this."

"This is risky, you know?" Beomgyu passed me an earpiece and spoke into the mic on the van's worktable. "Soundcheck. Y/n?"

I put it on my ear, "Check." I opened the car door, "And, yes, I know it's risky. That's what makes it fun." I gave him a smirk as he rolled his eyes and I went out the van and closed its door.

***

I climbed out of the vent and into Soobin's dressing room. I saw Taehyun already standing inside.

Taehyun whispered once he saw me, "Once you send the signal, in a few minutes, Yeonjun should be running down to meet you here."

"Got it." I spoke into the earpiece, "Giant rabbit, I'm in. Over."

"Copy that." Soobin replied back to me and sighed, "Reminder that I did not agree to this codename. Over."

"That's a discussion for later, over." I waited a moment. Remembering what I'm supposed to do. If I screw this job up, I'd end up in prison. All of us. And worse, I'd end up broke.

"All of this for a watch, right?" Taehyun scoffed.

"Mhm." I agreed and winked at him, "A nine hundred thousand dollar watch."

"Alright, he's on his way to you. Over." Soobin reporter back to me.

And in a minute, the door opened to reveal Choi Yeonjun, in the flesh. And with a juice stain on his shirt.

It was supposed to be on the shoulder. I mentally facepalmed, Why did Soobin drop the whole thing on his chest?

"Where's my stylist?"

"On break." I gave him a kind smile, "I'm an apprentice. You need help?"

"Yeah, thank you." Yeonjun came towards me, "Some idiot spilled a drink on me."

"Wow. That's so unlucky." I looked around for an extra shirt. The original plan was that I cover up the stain with a jacket, hiding the shoulders. The jacket's cuffs would be too small that he would need to take off the watch. I gave Taehyun a look and he nodded. Time to improvise.

"Here." Taehyun handed me a button-up long sleeved shirt, "This will do."

"Oh, it looks nice!" Yeonjun happily smiled and he took off his shirt. I did my best to keep a straight face but honestly... dang, he's built like that.

"You might need to take off the watch to put this on." I added.

Yeonjun indeed took it off and placed it on a table. Taehyun sneakily went near it as I button up Yeonjun's shirt, directing his attention only to me.

"So, the idol life hard?"

"Yeah, but I love what I do." Yeonjun smiled at me, "How long have you worked here?"

"Uh..." I avoided the questions that might give away too much details, "Not long."

Taehyun approached Yeonjun, placing the watch back on his wrist. "Here you go."

"Ah, thank you." Yeonjun looked at me, "I'll see you around..." He stood there, waiting for my name.

"Y/n." This surprised Taehyun a little but he tried not to show it to Yeonjun.

"Y/n." Yeonjun winked at me, "I'll see you around, Y/n." And he left to go back onstage.

Once the door closed, Taehyun's jaw dropped. "What are you doing? What about the fake name you prepared?"

I rolled my eyes, "Give me the real watch already."

As he passed me Yeonjun's watch, he added, "Would you believe me I almost mixed the two of them up? Kai did a good job with the fake."

I admired it for a second then shoved it into my pocket, "Alright, go finish the job. I'm going back to the van." And I climbed out of the vent.

One Month Later...

"CHOI YEONJUN'S WATCH;  STOLEN." Read the newspaper headline.

"At least it lasted a month" I comforted Kai.

His fists curled up into a ball as he glared at Beomgyu, "Well, if someone wouldn't let me take the last scrap of metal, it would've lasted ONE YEAR."

Beomgyu threw a pen at Kai, "Well, without that dumb scrap of metal, your earpieces would've been crud and we'd all get caught AND GO TO JAIL."

"Guys, we'll deal with this later." Soobin snapped his fingers, "We got a job to do."

My attention went to Beomgyu's laptop, where the screen showed the perspective of Taehyun's camera, that was hidden inside his jacket. I watched as Taehyun smoothly grabbed the ring from our eighth target. 

"Alright, that's my cue." I put on my jacket and went out of the van.

I soon entered the building and Taehyun swiftly slid the ring onto my palm. I kept walking, shoving it into my pocket. But I bump into a tall figure.

"I'm sorry-" I checked my pocket, making sure the ring was still there.

"Y/n?"

My eyes widened, "Oh- Yeonjun?! What are you doing here?"

"Dinner." Of course. I'm in a one of the most classiest restaurants in town, why wouldn't he be here?

"Shoot. Y/n, get out of there."  Beomgyu spoke to me through my earpiece.

"Listen, I gotta go-"

"Wait, I just have three questions."

"Okay... fine." I bit my lip.

"How are you doing?"

Oh, heck no. Why does he have to be sweet like this? To me?
"I'm... okay."

"Good to hear." He gave me what seemed to be the brightest smile I've seen, "Now, second question." He lowered his voice this time. "Where's my actual watch?"

"What?" I scoffed, "I don't know what you're-"

"I'm not dumb, Y/n."

...

"ABORT MISSION." Kai screamed into my earpiece. 

"My stylist doesn't have an apprentice named Y/n and I haven't seen you for a month." Yeonjun continued, slowly stepping closer to me.

"Why didn't you turn me in?" He was backing me up a wall.

"Answer my question first~" He teased, his hand rested on the wall.

"Sold it." I whispered the address of the pawn shop.

Yeonjun nodded, "Okay." His reaction surprised me, "I won't turn you in, I'll find a way to cover for you." He winked at me and my heart did a cartwheel.

"W-Why?"

"That leads to question three..." His face was really close to mine, "Would you go out with me?"

I stole this boy's watch.
And instead of reporting to the police, his revenge was to steal my heart.