Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

My vision tilted and swirled, engulfed by the pain. I couldn't even tell who had me, but the grip was familiar enough to have me asking...

"Nicholas?" I breathed, struggling to stay balanced and trying to blink the pain away. The person in front of me was blurry. Dark hair and a body dressed in black, but the scent was becoming familiar as my world tilted to the side and almost hit the floor, but instead fell into someone's arms.

"Sssh, you're okay." I instantly recognized Nicholas' voice. I managed another whimper, grabbing onto Nicholas in return as he put his arms around me. I blinked hard a few times, feeling the blood I had for breakfast rushing to heal the wound in my head. Everything began to settle. I still felt the last of the blood trickle down my face, but I pulled back and there he was.

Nicholas was looking right into my eyes, a very faint smile on his lips and his dark hair wet. He was wearing a black sweater and black jeans with matching boots, but I hardly paid attention to that because I was finally looking at Nicholas, finally holding Nicholas.

My heart leapt and I did the first thing that came to my mind, which was grab his face and kiss him hard on the lips. Nicholas blinked for a second, then relaxed as he put his arms around me, parting his lips against mine. He pressed his tongue hard into my mouth, seeking mine out and sucking. My whole body quivered like Jell-O in his arms, his hands seeking the small of my back to pull me up against him, the heat of his body firing up every hormone in my body.

He coaxed my tongue into his mouth, but it only lasted a second more because my tongue brushed something sharp and blood oozed from my tongue. I hissed in pain and realization, reeling away from him to cover my mouth. Nicholas frowned a little in confusion, then seemed to realize and smiled very lightly.

"Sorry. I should've warned you beforehand." He said gently, still holding onto my arms. I tried to pull away from him, but his grip slowly tightened on my elbows.

"T-They turned you." I managed in pain, both trying to cover my mouth and pull away. Nicholas looked surprised at my agony, only tightening his grip to keep me still.

"Well, yea. I asked them to." He answered. My heart ached as I dropped my hand away from my mouth to look at Nicholas in confused anger. I was surprised by the surging heat of it in my veins as I jerked hard at Nicholas' grip, finally getting away so I could back up a few steps, only to bump into the wall by the window.

"Why?" I breathed. Nicholas frowned.

"I thought you would be happier. Now we can be together without any hassles." He added, taking a step closer to me. Something snapped in my head as I pushed off the wall angrily, glaring at him.

"Happier?! Do you have any idea what it means to be turned?! Zephyra owns you now! How does that make me happy at all?!" I demanded. Nicholas' frown deepened for a moment before his expression became calmer.

"I know that's not what I was expecting and trust me, I'm not all that pumped about it either, but if I can be with you, why does anything else matter?" He asked seriously. I blinked, letting that sink in. I nibbled my lower lip as Nicholas came up to me, taking my arms again. He brushed his nose by mine, giving me small shivers.

"I didn't want to do any of this, Alex, but if it's the only way I can be with you, then I don't care." He murmured, his breath hot against my lips. I looked up at him, listening to my heart pounding violently against my chest. His lips touched mine gently and I squeezed my eyes shut, gripping his biceps.

"You weren't supposed to become like this... You have no idea how much harder this is." I managed, making Nicholas smile faintly.

"Tell me about. I think I might be the first vampire to ever hate blood." He said quietly, then reached up to brush his thumb by my eye. It took me a moment to realize he was wiping a tear away and I hadn't even realized I was crying yet. I sniffed, reaching up to quickly wipe at my eyes.