INTRODUCTION.

"Solomon, do you really have to do this?" father said. 
"Yes dad, I do." I replied cause I've made up my mind.
"But there are so many beautiful maidens here you could pick one or two if you like"
"Or I could go find another lady who doesn't stay or work for us here if that's the cause. " Dad said hoping to convince me from leaving.
"Dad, don't worry I will only be gone for a while. Besides I have a feeling my soulmate is not here but out there. And I want find her myself dad." I said pointing a finger at the gate.

"Sure I will miss you guys..."I said as I lifted my small bag and gestured towards the gate.
"But you didn't even let mom know even though she's in USA." my little sister, Betty said
"Don't you think this is a bad idea? I mean you're going out to find your soulmate (which is fine), but you will be hiding your true identity as a billionaire do you think anyone would fall for that talk less of be happy after realising the truth?" She said.
"Uhh... Really? Don't worry after I find her I'll tell her who I truly am, before bringing her over to meet you all. And I will call mom when I get there." I said quickly.
"But now I've got to go my boss will soon leave
"What bus and why are you putting on those rags?" Dad said almost irritated.
"Well, I can't take the plane so I'm taking a bus from Imo State down to Lagos State. And these are not rags dad, they may be cheap but they are very comfortable." I said in a haste and ran away before anymore words were uttered.

~Sighs~

As soon as I entered the bus and settled in, I felt really happy with myself. It was finally happening. I just hope what betty said doesn't happen to me. I just want to humble myself and leave a normal life, have fun at least just this once and marry a girl of my dreams who desires nothing out of my money but would love me for me. I will love her even till the end of time! 

MEANWHILE DOWN IN LAGOS...

"Madam, give me 200 naira puff puff I'm running late." #1 customer.
"This girl, hurry up my children are going to be late for school. Give me one meat pie and two doughnuts fast!" #2 customer.
"Madam's, I'm moving as fast as I can please be patient." Sarah said in haste.
"Besides, you both met other people here when you arrived." she added.
"Uhhh... See this woman she's speaking English for us, be fast!" #2 customer said
"Oya, take your order o. Come back next time okay!" she screamed as she continued serving other customers.

Sarah's P.O.V

Oh my gosh the first batch of pastries with some finish.
"Ayesha, how is it going back there?" I asked.
"The bons are almost ready come and make the puff puff while I answer the next customers." She said.
"Awwn, thanks dear. At first I thought you were a lazy ass babe, I didn't know you could also be so helpful" I said gratefully.
"So that's what I get for being your friend?" Aisha said almost vexed.
"No, no you know what I mean na."
"Yeah, I do. I'm just joking" she laughed suddenly.
Phew! I was afraid she was going to burst and leave me here with all these work and customers.
The sun was beginning to set. It was almost 6 p.m. all the customers and buckets of pastry bater were done so we started packing.
Since, I and Ayesha  were roommates, and we lived just down the road on the same street were we had our joint it just made things easier.
"Well, today was stressful. Ahh, my back!" She exclaimed.
"I know right me too." I said stretching out a bit.
"I don't know how you do it or what you put in those Puff Puff and bons even your doughnut but they are good!" She commended.
"Uhh... It's just the usual, stop whining me." I said smiling.
"You've got golden hands babe! No wonder those customers kept on coming like I even tasted them and I was like 'Mad o!' " 
"You made them so irresistible! I mean see the amount of money we made in just one day!" She continued
"You've got to teach me those skills and secrets someday" she concluded.
"Well a magician never tells her secrets you know" I said as she bust out in laughter 😅.
"So you are now claiming magician?" Ayesha said.
"Well I better claim it now, after all you've said." I said raising my shoulders up proudly.
"C'mon let's go into that restaurant and have a drink. We've worked for it."  Ayeha said dragging me along without hesitating for 1 minute because if she did... I would say no.
As we walked in through the door...
"Uhh... Ayesha you this girl, you know me very well." I chuckled softly.
"Yeah, you know that you are a stingy Koko! You cannot even stay and take yourself out or even spoil yourself, nawa oo!" She teased. 
"Besides 5 years is no beans baby. I know you well!" She boasted.
"Yeah, yeah." I said.

Ayesha went to the counter to get some drinks while I went to secure a table for the both of us. In no time she was back.

"So maltina drink for me and Smoove for you" she emphasized.
"Haha, you got it!" I said.
"Yeah, I know you don't like maltina but why smoove? She asked
"Smoove has all the nutrients I need to stay refreshed and healthy..."
"While Maltina just make me feel really heavy inside." We resounded.
"Jinx! You owe me 200 naira" she said
"Haha, you like money sha" I teased.
"Of course, who doesn't?" Ayesha said.
"But forget about that, any baby boo yet?" She asked in anticipation.
"Uhh... What do you mean?" I said slightly avoiding her bulgy eyes. 
"Don't look away. You know exactly what I mean." she said adamantly.
"Fine!"
"None yet, happy?"
"Just leave me alone." I said sadly.
"Ahh, Sarah you know I didn't mean it that way."
"I know you are almost 25 and no suitor yet, but it's okay."
"Ok, fine I'm sorry." She said sincerely as she reached out to hold my hand.
"Yeah, I know." I replied almost in tears.
"Don't cry, we're in a restaurant, who knows if 'The one' is here right now." she teased again
"Haha😅, I hope not." I said cleaning off the tears about to roll down my cheek.

After the tention had eased up a bit in the room she continued talking...
"Anyway, why I asked that is because..."
She drew closer and I did too in the same moment... #amebochildren
"I think I may have found 'The one' or maybe he found me." she whispered
"What?!" I exclaimed.
"Reduce your voice." she cautioned.
"What?!"  I said again this time in a lower tone.
"Yes and he is very handsome." she blushed.
"Wow, I am so happy for you."
"Where did you both meet? How long has it been this one that you are just telling me? Where is he from? How tall is he? What is his name?" I asked in one breath.
"Calm down, girl" she laughed.
"Wow, gist me already na!!" I said.
"Well, we met at a bar. You know that bad that at the junction at Century Street, yeah?" She said.
"Uh-huh" I nodded.
"I went there to meet a friend of mine who works there. But she was so busy attending to so many customers while I just sat down there with a bottle of Fanta hoping she would hurry up and answer me quickly I was so tired after work and felt so filthy, sleepy and exhausted..." She said.
"Yeah..." I said hoping she would hurry up.
"Then he approached me and asked politely if he could join me cuz there was no other seats left. But I know he was lying cuz even in the dim lights, I could see 5 empty seats." 
"Anyway I told him to sit down of course forbear we spoke for a really long time. Me they said I was tired and sleepy became very wide awake and interested in his every word. He gave me this kind of vibe... I don't know." She said smiling awkwardly.
"Awwn..." feeling very happy for her hoping mine would come too.
"I know right. His name is Patrick, he is an Igbo Guy."
"I never knew i'd ever end up with an Igbo boy but here I am." She said raising her shoulders up.
"And it's been 3 months now. After that day I didn't know it would be serious even after the exchange contacts, until just yesterday when he called and said we should go on a date this  Saturday night."
"I can't wait! And yes he's pretty much tall. At least taller than me." She concluded taking the last drop of her drink.
"Wow, I'm really happy for you ooo! Thank God." I said.
"You are just 22 and you've met the one for you! Mad o! May you both end up on the aisle and the church o I'm not in tears 🤗💐." I prayed.
"Amen ooo!!!" She screamed with faith.
"Well, are you done? Let's head home it's almost 8 p.m." I said watching my wristwatch.
"Yeah, don't mind me I'm done!" She said as we both took our leave.