See off

"Tum theek keh rahi ho, Naina... aaj agar nanu hote toh woh bhi bilkul yehi kehte... main jaaunga... mushkil hoga... bohot mushkil hoga tumhare bina rehna par tumhare liye aur nanu ke liye karunga." He pulled her closer.

"Hamare liye karoge... hum dono ke liye... " She smiled.

Remembering something, she immediately looked up... placing a hand on his cheek, she held her ear with the other one, "Sorry Sameer, pata nahi kaise maine... mujhe aisa nahi karna chahiye tha."

Her eyes brimmed with tears.

He quickly pulled down her hand holding the ear, bringing the one on his cheek to his lips.

He placed a kiss on her palm, "Ek nahi do char lagane chahiye the mujhe... bas subah se yeh soch soch ke pagal ho raha tha ki kaise ja sakta hun... time ka hosh hi nahi raha... main toh pehle library gaya tha... par aaj wahan kaafi students the... aur koi jagah samajh nahi aayi toh yahan aa gaya... tumhe kaise bataun yehi baat dimaag mein ghoom rahi thi... yaad hi nahi raha ki class ka time ho gaya hai aur tum mera intezaar kar rahi hogi."

He wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek and continued in a softer voice, "Sorry mujhe bolna chahiye... tumhe itna dukhi kar diya... maaf kardo please."

She smiled amidst her pooled up eyes.

"Umm... waise bas issi baat ke liye sorry hun... dusri baat ke liye nahi", his eyes had a naughty glint.

"Dusri baat?" With so many things happening, Naina was a bit confused.

He pressed his lower lip under the teeth and she coloured to the roots, lowering her eyes instantly.

Leaning closer to her, he whispered, "Wapas aaunga tab ek dose aur de dena... meri sehat ke liye achha rahega."

She turned her back to him, breaking  into a sweat, not able to bear his burning eyes or his hushed tone.

Sameer circled his hands around her from behind, "Aise laal hone ki kya baat hai... yeh toh hona hi tha... apna pyaar jatane ke alag alag tareeke hain ye... aur pyaar toh main har pal jatata rahunga."

She kept her hands on his, leaning against his chest.

"Ek promise karogi?" He asked softly.

"Kya?"

"Bas promise karo ki jab main wapas aaunga toh meri ek baat manogi." He nestled his nose in her neck.

"Promise... manungi jo bologe", she accepted without hesitation.

He was astounded. She did not even ask what he wanted. And he knew she had said it with complete sincerity... Naina was not the one to make false promises.

"Tumne poocha tak nahi ki kya karna hoga... agar tumhe achha nahi laga toh?" He could not keep the curiosity to himself.

"Mujhe pata hai tum aisa kuch kahoge hi nahi jo galat ho", she said, turning around to face him.

The trust in her eyes filled him with love.

"Wapas aake bataunga", he cupped her face with one hand.

Her face fell as she looked at his cheek, "Mujhse bohot badi galti hui hai, Sameer... tum na aisa karo, mujhe do thappad maar lo."

"Pakka? Tum gussa toh nahi karogi?" He raised his brows.

She happily shook her head and waited with eyes shut tight.

When nothing happened for almost a minute, she opened one eye to see why he was not going ahead.

Sameer was waiting for her to open her eyes... the moment she did, he bent and kissed hard on her cheek. Before she could react, he planted a kiss on the other cheek as well.