"Hmm?" I asked as I kept scrolling.

"Didn't Marissa get back in town three days ago?" She asked.

I looked up and my eyes widened. "I don't know I never knew her like that."

"Let me check her Instagram." Karin whispered.

"Oh my god." I said.

"We gotta call Jaysean and Herb." Karin said holding back tears. "Marissa kidnapped Dave."

"How do you know this?" I said jumping down from the car.

"Her captions from the past two days all correlate, she's sending you a message. She wanted you to find her." She explained.

"What does she want?" I asked her.

"Sounds like she wants Dave or some money of some sort." Karin said confused.

"Money?" I said confused. "No if she wanted money she wouldn't of kidnapped him. Unless she's talking about his secret account." I gasped finally understanding.

"What is it?" Karin asked.

"David has a secret account. Marissa got pregnant while they were in their relationship so he started a trust fund for his baby. But it wasn't David's, yet he never got around to closing it." I explained.

Just then I heard my phone ring. It was a blocked number so I couldn't tell who it was. I put it on speaker and had Karin record the conversation because it was a burner cell she couldn't see we merged the calls.

"Hello." I said.

"Look bitch, I have your husband. I want the trust fund money. A S A P, you have an hour to wire the money. Then I'll let David go." She explained.

"Where should I wire it too?" I asked.

"I'll send you the info, don't try any funny shit or David is dead." She warned.

I hung up and called the police. She really was stupid enough to give me her bank account information. One of my good girlfriends who I met through her relationship with Herb was a detective her name was Troi. (Troy, I hate the name Taina)

Troi pulled up in an all black van, she had IT support already on Marissa bank records

Troi pulled up in an all black van, she had IT support already on Marissa bank records. They found an address to a house in Springfield. Me, Karin, Herb, and Jaysean got into the van. We darted down the highway praying that we got there within an hour.

David's POV

I overheard Marissa's conversation with Nidari. She never planned on letting me go. She had just told her the complete opposite of what she told me. I got up from the mattress I was laying on and began to bang on the door. I kept punching and punching until a big hole formed.

"David what the fuck are you doing?" Marissa said opening the door.

"You're such a liar, this isn't about money. You were never gonna let me go!" I yelled in her face.

"Mommy." A little voice said.

"Kairi go back in your room!" Marissa screamed.

When I saw her my heart skipped a beat, she looked just like me. She was no more than two years old. Her short chunky arms and legs and her beautiful tan skin. I knew she was mine.

"That's why you want me to keep me here, you had my baby without telling me

"That's why you want me to keep me here, you had my baby without telling me." I pushed her.

"David get the fuck off me, as if you wanted her anyway!"  She pushed me back.

"You're so cruel, keeping my child locked away." I spat.

"She's not yours." She smirked.

"Marissa we have a birthmark in the same place. She looks just like Faye." I clenched my fists.

"You won't take her from me." She said picking up the baby immediately kicking and screaming.

Just then we heard sirens in the distance. Marissa walked back into the room with the baby in one hand and a gun in the other.

"What did you do?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"I haven't did anything you took my phone." I said.

"You're taking me away from my baby?" Her eye twitched.

"Marissa I have no idea what you're talking about." I inched back.

"I'll kill her." She pointed the gun at the crying baby.

I looked behind Marissa and saw two swat members standing behind her, I tried to keep my cool and not make it obvious. My heart was beating so hard I could hear it in my ears. The leader inched closer to her but she felt his presence. She turned around and was shot right in between her eyes.

"Mommy..." The baby crawled towards her weeping.

"Daddy's here." I grabbed her off the floor and snuggled her close.

Nidari came rushing into the main room I was standing in, she saw Marissa's dead body and her eyes went wide. Tears fell down her face and she slowly looked up to me.

"Who's this?" She managed to ask.

"My daughter, Kairi, Marissa has been hiding her keeping her locked away from the world." I explained.

"Come here little baby." She grabbed her from my arms.

Kairi snuggled up to her and shuddered in her arms. We walked out of the house filled with scars and secrets. I looked over and Nidari and she nodded in assurance, she always knew what I was thinking. I sighed thinking about how much therapy the three of us will need.

"Where's Kiare?" I asked softly walking down the driveway.

"He's right here." Troi said carrying him gently. He was babbling and smiling.

"Hi man!" I exclaimed happy to be reunited with my family.

"Kairi meet your baby brother." Nidari smiled stroking her hair.

"B-Baby." Kiari babbled.

"Hey David." Troi called me.

"What's up..." I sighed walking over to her.

"Get some rest and take care of yourself. Maybe it's time to get out of Chicago." She patted my shoulder

I gave her a hug and walked away. Nidari met me half way both babies on each hip. I grabbed Kiari from her and kissed her softly. This was gonna be the start of a new chapter for us. I just knew it.