Rose

It's Vegas night for Gaga and she couldn't be more excited because she knows someone very special is in the audience. Bradley Cooper could hardly wait to see her sing and perform. He loved to appreciate the fierce and fearless side Lady Gaga always showed on her shows, it was so different from the sweetness she used to be out of the spotlight, and he loved to notice this duality of her. He actually loves everything about her, and she feels the same about him.
"Fuck, I'm nervous," she laughs as Freddy finishes her hair with another layer of hairspray.
"Why honey? You're already so used to Enigma and the show biz... or is it because..." He squints curiously and she stares back at him, unsure what to answer. "Come on, I know Bradley is here tonight."
"And? That means nothing, Freddy." She laughs hysterically, almost trying to hide something. "It's fine. It's okay for me to feel this way after all"
"'Right" he responds smiling and lets her hit the stage.
The show goes well, and in the end she calls Bradley to sing Shallow with her. The excitement takes over the audience and Bradley can't help but feeling his heart beating faster when their bodies meet in a tight hug and he can smell the sweet scent and sweat impregnated on her neck.
"You're crazy" he says in her ear, making her feel things she didn't exactly want to feel.
"Yeah, I know" she laughs and holds his hand, guiding him so they can both sing.
The performance was great. The two are feeling weird, they both can't handle the feelings that always surface when they're together.
I don't know what's going on, but I know I don't want it to stop. Bradley thinks when Stefani kisses his cheek and they both smile like silly teenagers falling in love for the first time. Gaga knows she must have at least hundreds of cameras facing both of them and she should feel very guilty for feeling vulnerable like that around him, but even her great acting skills couldn't disguise her feelings.
The show finally ends and Gaga drags Bradley into her dressing room.
"You're totally insane on stage... but I guess you already know that" Bradley giggles and she closes the door behind them.
"Shut up" she makes a silly face and hugs him again "I missed you." Her mouth places a kiss on his cheek and her hands run from his neck down to his arms and then his hands.
"Isn't the awards season enough for you? I bet you'll soon get tired of me."
"Brad!" She pats his chest lightly. He laughs and kisses her forehead. "You know I love your presence."
Bradley knows that. He being the great observer he was, noticed that beside him Stefani was much more smiling and bubbly than when she was in Christian's presence.
"So why did you come alone today? Where's Irina and Lea? I'd love to see that little princess again" she made it clear she was talking about his daughter, walking to the mirror and starting to take her wig and makeup off. Stefani and Irina has a good relationship, but it's just empathy and politeness from both sides. Irina is extremely jealous and Gaga doesn't care about this kind of bullshit, she has a lot more to worry about.
"Irina took her to travel in Russia, so I took the opportunity to see you."
"If I didn't know you, I'd say you came running like a puppy, but since we're best friends, I say you just didn't want to be alone." Stefani flirted, laughing.
"So I guess you don't know me well." He smirked playing the flirting game. It was like that all the time with them. "Ready for tomorrow?"
"Of course I am. I can't say I'm not nervous, but being by your side I feel comfortable anywhere." Stefani turns around and walks over to him, without all that makeup and with her hair in a loose bun. "I hope you like what I'll be wearing."
"I always do" he notices her eyes sparkling with his answer and he can't stop smiling. "Look, I brought you a gift." Bradley puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a dark blue box, feeling Stefani's excited stare on him.
"Oh, what is it? Brad you didn't have to..." she puts her hands on her chest, surprised.
"Relax. It's no big deal." He opens the box and Gaga sighs. She was looking at the simplest, most beautiful and meaningful necklace she'd ever laid eyes on. The pendant is a small and delicate rose. Instantly she understands what it means, speechless with her eyes watering.
"I think you're tired of knowing how much watching you sing La Vie En Rose was important to me. Maybe if I wasn't there that night I'd never get able to know the sweestest person you are."
She nodded, smiling and holding his hand.
"Brad, I-"
He smiles and takes the necklace out of the box.
"You didn't like it?"
"No, I mean, I loved it!!! Oh, B. I'm just speechless. This is so special to us." She turns and lets him put the necklace, their knuckles lightly caressing the sensitive skin of her neck, making her shiver.
Bradley kisses the top of Stefani's head and she holds the pendant close to her chest, her eyes shining like never before. She was feeling so important and loved that she almost felt her extremities vibrate with happiness. That gift may be simple to others, but only they two are able to understand the emotional burden on that simple pendant.
"Brad, I love you. Thank you so much for fighting for me to be in the film. My life changed with you, and now I'm much happier than I've ever been before." She says from the heart out. That was the only way she had to declare her love for him.
"I love you too, Stefani, more than you know." He tucks a lock behind her ear, his heart breaking with the force of things he could never say out loud.
Gaga smiles trying not to take seriously what he just said, tenderly kissing his hand.
"I'd invite you to dinner at the hotel with me tonight, but Christian is all around me these days..."
"Too bad" Bradley pouts. Stefani wouldn't necessarily have to warn that Carino was around, they weren't doing anything wrong, but just as Gaga is not comfortable with Irina, Bradley would rather not be too close to Christian, which is a funny situation for two persons who are just friends, right? "See you tomorrow then?" He smiles without taking his eyes off her.
"Sure" Stefani hugs him, feeling his arms tighten around her waist, making her feel things she shouldn't feel again.
"Thanks for being here today" she says in a lower tone and pulls back just enough to look him in the eye, her hand on his face. The right position for a kiss. Their hearts beating fast again.
"It's always my pleasure, Stef" he smiles tenderly, pulling her closer and then placing a kiss on her cheek just when Sarah and Freddy enter the dressing room.
"Uh ... Sorry, we'll be back another time" Sarah apologizes and pushes Freddy back into the hallway.
Bradley chuckles and releases Gaga turning to them without letting go of Stefani's hand.
"It's alright guys, I'm already leaving" he smiles at Gaga, shaking her hand and walking away.
"Text me when you arrive at the hotel." Stefani smiles and he leaves after winking at her.
"What was going on here?" Freddy pushes Sarah into the dressing room and whispers so only them can hear what he was saying, the two members of the Haus staring at Gaga curiously.
"What? Oh my God, we weren't kissing!!!"
"We didn't say you were" Sarah laughs "but our eyes can fool us, y'know." she shrugged.
"Well, then you didn't see anything" Stefani sighed.
"Yeah, boss. We didn't see anything." Freddy said in a mocking tone making the three laugh.