6) Blast From The Past

Start from the beginning

“Oh what’s the matter Ash, she not let you in her pants?” Harleigh cooed making Cain growl.

“Calm down big boy.”

{Hīlaena’s POV}

That’s it enough with Ash’s shit. It’s time I moved on from him, I mean what do you think is going to happen with him. He’s Cain best friend. And hot as hell you have no chance! I thought as I walked away from Cafe. I had left my keys in Harleigh’s bag.

“Lane?” a familiar voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up to see a familiar pair of brown eyes.

“Hey Carlos.”

“You alright, you look like something’s wrong.”

“It’s nothing. Just an inner debate.”

“Hate those.” he teased. “Need a ride?” he said pointing to his altezza. Personally I think that’s a girl car, but hey who am I to judge.

“Yeah that’ll be good thanks.” I said climbing in.

“So how have you been?”

“Yeah, pretty good.”

“I feel like I haven’t talked to you in ages.”

“Yeah I’ve had shit going on.”

“So moved to the Big P aye.”

I smiled at the thought. There is nothing ‘big’ about Plaston.

Me and Carlos have had some history I was about 14 when I first meet him. I was at the age when I finally realised that my parents couldn’t stand me. Being in the same room as them was torture. So I used the money they paid me off, to come here and visit Cain. I mean my Aunty, Uncle and Leight; they were all great but I just needed my big Brother. I got here without telling him and I ran into Harleigh who told me Cain and Ash had gapped it to some random place to go camping. It was weird and clingy, but I couldn’t help but feel, kind of abandoned again. Carlz said I could stay with her and the girls in Riyan’s dorm and come to some party that someone was throwing. So I did.

...Flash back...

We all chucked on dresses that showed off our new developed bodies. 14 and just growing boobs.

Mine were much bigger than the girls. Same as my hips ass and stomach.  I dressed it up with a Matthew Williamson Lacquer Lace Feathered Dress matched with my violet strappy pair of Prada Sandal and violet tear drop earrings. Put sparkly pink purple and blue eye shadow on, lots of mascara and eye liner. Pink lipstick and lastly curled my long brown hair.

I decided I was sick of being the good girl. Who got good grades and was captain of the netball team. In all the top teams for netball and Touch. Never partied. Had only ever tried alcohol twice. But refused to do it, because I wanted to make my parents proud of me I had the sick idea in my head that if I was the perfect angel who done everything she was told all the paparazzi caught me doing was buying all the latest fashion and was the perfect daughter then maybe they’d love me, so that’s what me Hīlaena Linae Adoria Cruise done. Spent my life trying to get my parents to love me. Well I’m sick of trying. They don’t care so why should I?

I came out of the bathroom ready. Everyone’s jaw dropped. I was always the girl who liked to hide my body. Cover up as much as possible. Not today. It was time I came out and let loose for once.

I grabbed the bottle that was in Harleigh’s hand, “here is for new starts.” I said sculling the contents down. I felt it as it burned my throat as it ran down it. I coughed trying to ease the pain. But it was no use.