Part 5

Elsa's p. o. v.

I struggled underwater. Fighting for oxygen, even as they held me down. My arms and legs thrusted around me trying to push me up for a breathe of sweet air.

No matter how much I fought I couldn't get above the water. I also couldn't die apparently because I've been under water for ever and I should be dead.

Arms held me down while laughter floated through the water to my ears filling me with more and more dread.

Help! I tried to scream. They just kept laughing.

"This is what you deserve slut" the voices chanted.

No, please, ill leave, just don't do this please.

I tried to say as water filled my lungs.

My chest swelled in agony, I was dying, this was my end. But did I really deserve this?

"Elsa!" A voice screamed from somewhere far away. It sounded like it was from a different world, it was so faint.

My vision began to darken as my eyes closed. I could tell my body began to give up the fight for life. But I was happy, the pain was going away.

Besides there was nothing here for me anyway. All there was were hateful people. Why should I want to stay when all they did was torture me?

I love you. A voice said. But whose? Who could love a selfish, ignorant girl such as myself?

Beloved, the voice whispered, please come back to me. Please don't leave me. I just found you, I can't lose you already.

My eyes finally closed as my body surrendered to its death.

And then I was looking into the strangest eyes I've ever seen. Each was a different color. One was hazel, while the other was green.

"Are you alright?" He asked. His voice sounded like how I imagine silk to feel.

But even though it offered comfort i still was in the throes of my dreams. Being held captive underwater and not being allowed a single gasping breath.

I decided to be honest with him and slowly shook my head no. He sat up and reached out to me. I didn't know what he wanted but I did know I wanted to be closer to him and so I got closer. I scooted to him and allowed him to draw my into his lap and wrap his arms around me. His scent was intoxicating and I breathed in deeply before the tears rushed down my face.

I thought that maybe, after I found my mate, that it would be okay. That maybe the nightmares would stop. I guess I don't get to be that lucky, Im meant to suffer I suppose.

"Don't you dare continue with that thought" Ryder hissed from beneath me. My eyes widened in surprise, because although I knew that the mate bond entitled being able to hear and talk to your mate through your mind, I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I didn't expect for him to be poking around in my head so soon.

Immediately I threw up my mental shields, which resulted in him being thrown out of my head. He stiffened under me as this happened.

"Why?" He asked. It was such a simple question, it implied so much. I started trembling. I had to do it. I had to reject him. I had to reject my beloved other half. I had to save him the heartache that was sure to come in the future.

"I, Elsa, reject you Ryder as my be-" I tried to say through my tears but before I could finish, before I could rescue him from this life of pain and agony, he had my pinned against a wall.

"Don't" he hissed at me as his eyes shifted to purple. I trembled In his hold, even when he's angry he's hot.

"I-I'm sorry..." I stammered out while watching him. His face changed and the anger dissipated as his eyes changed back and filled with betrayal and hurt.

" then why, is it me? Am I not good enough? Ill become better. I swear I will, please just give me, us, a chance."

I shook my head at him. Why does he even want me? I'm nowhere near his league of beauty. I'm not even normal.

"It's not you, it's me. I'm not good enough to be your beloved. I'm not even a whole being. I'm only half. I'm a half breed. I'm the disgrace that I've spent my life hating. I'm half of what I've spent my life learning to kill. I'm a hunter. And yesterday I slaughtered many of you. How can you ever forgive something so, just idiotic?" He can't. I know I couldn't. Because even though my pack hated me, even though they bullied me, they were still my pack. And this was still his coven this was still his family.

Ryder stared at me for what felt like forever before throwing his head back and laughing. I continued to stare in shock at this beautiful being in front of me. What was so damn funny?

"Yo-you think I care about them? They're scum. Your all I care about. I warned them not to do something so stupid, .but did they listen to me? No they didn't. But if they had then I wouldn't have met you,

Besides this is your coven now too, you can kill who you please my queen. " he said while stepping back and bowing before me.

"W-what?" I stammered. In all honesty I couldn't believe he'd just throw their lives away like that. And then give me permission to slaughter more of them. What was wrong with this man?

"You heard correct. But it seems you have no idea who I am. Do you remember hearing of the count named Dracula?"

I nodded. Who doesn't? It's one of the most familiar legends out there, in the world that is. Spread across the earth through whispers, books, texts, emails and so on. Of course I know of Dracula.

"Well, I'm his grandson. " my mouth went slack and fell open while my eyes got wide. He's really that old?

"I'm insulted, very much insulted" he chuckled darkly.

"I'm sorry" I shocked myself by saying.

"I was only kidding love, it's quite alright. I already know I am old. But with age comes knowledge so I enjoy being old."

I giggled as he winked at me, it was a giggle for for a 15 year old in love, and yet here I was doing it.

Suddenly his eyes darkened and he began to lean towards me. Soon he was close enough that I could feel his breath fanning my face.

He was going to kiss me, and I was going to let him. I should be happy while I can right? His eyes trailed down my face and settled on my lips that i had begun to nervously chew on.

"Sir!" Someone yelled as the door opened roughly and slammed against the wall. I squealed in surprise and somehow managed to leap under Ryder's arms, take a few steps, then trip and fall on my face.

Wow that takes extreme talent, nice going Elsa. I thought to myself.

I got up slowly as I felt blood dribble from my lip. Which I had incidentally busted when I fell. The scent of my blood wafted around the room catching the attention of the two vampires, who were both male.

The one who opened the door began making his way towards me, his eyes were red with hunger. Ryder hissed at him and slammed him into a wall.

"Mine." Was all he said before disappearing with the vampire. He reappeared a few moments later and yanked me into his arms.

I snuggled closer to him. For a moment I had remembered, what fear was.

*

*

*

*

*

*

This chapter was getting a bit long so I had to cut it off somewhere lol Cx anyway how was it? Comment and vote ^-^