Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

~Time's up buttercup. Either Damon marks us, or the others will.~ Snow growled. ~I would suggest running.~ With her warning, I stood. I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I ran for home, for sanctuary, for Damon. I could hear the howls coming closer, I couldn't even scream. I had to control my breathing for the run. No way was I letting some stranger get to me. If anyone other than Michael was going to touch me, it was going to be Damon.

My feet flew down the path and I didn't bother stopping to get my sweater when it fell. I will buy a new one. A few minutes later came the growls. They must have found my sweater and were fighting over who got to roll around in it. Good. The more they fought, the more time I had to get away. I could see the house now. This time I did scream. I screamed for Damon as loud as I could with what little breath I had. So focused on the house, I didn't even see the wolf coming at my side till he tackled me.

What little breath I had was gone when all his weight landed on me. I laid there, unmoving for a second. All I could do was pull breath into me. As much and as fast as I could. He sniffed around my neck and I didn't recognize the scent! This wasn't Damon! I scrunched my neck as low as I could into my shoulders hoping he wouldn't be able to mark me. That hope vanished when he began tugging at my pants. When he couldn't get them down that way, he flipped me over on to my back.

"Please! You don't want to do this! Damon will kill you! Do you understand? Alpha will kill you!" I yelled out at him. I should have held my breath as he was completely gone. His eyes a rolling amber that seemed to burn. He began shoving my tank up, so I battled to shove it back down. We played that game for a few seconds till his wolf got smart. He grabbed at my hands, forcing them above me. He moved so that he could hold me with one of his hands and preceeded to tug on my pants again. I didn't bother pleading with him this time. I just screamed. Screamed for Damon. Screamed for help. Screamed because I was mad at myself. If I had only listened. If I had only gave in. I was good at the "If I" game.

I didn't make it easy, bucking under him like a stallion trying to unseat a rider. Fighting him with my body as my hands were useless. He finally got my pants down, but my shoes proved a hurdle even a deranged wolf could not defeat. Thank you, oh maker of boots. It was almost comical the look of consternation was on his face. So was the look of surprise when he went flying off me.

I was hoping for Damon, but it was just another wolf. I wasted no time pulling my pants up and getting up myself. I turned back toward the house, running my precious boots to the ground probably. Again, I didn't make it far. I was grabbed by my hair and forced to stop.

"They're busy, but I'm not." A dark voice growled. I turned fearful eyes behind me to an older man. His salt and pepper hair long and flowing, matching his beard. He looked like a biker. All barrel chested inside that leather vest. He was speaking so maybe I could reasin with him. Worth a shot right?

"Please let me go! The alpha will kill you! I'm his mate! The alpha WILL kill you for this!" He threw to the ground with a laugh. I could feel the bruises already.

"Well, now, the Alpha isn't here now. Is he?" He unbuttoned the top of his pants and kneeled down over me. "So, I guess, I get me a bit of Luna." I screamed again, hitting him across the face as hard as I could on the ground. "Keep doing that. I like it rough. I like it when their fiesty."

As he come over me a terrible growl was heard. A growl I knew. The older wolf was plucked from me as easily as a flower. Damon's height was even more impressive from my view on the ground.

"Get off my MATE!" He growled. He gave the wolf a solid punch to the jaw. The older wolf fell to the ground spitting blood over the grass. Damon gave a kick to his stomach that lifted him off the ground a bit. That's when he turned to me. Damon wasn't Damon. Blaze was there. His eyes burning amber lava right through me, intensifying the fire already there.