Chapter 2: Almost A Slytherin

Începe de la început

"What do you mean, I'm smart? I just inherited my mother's logical thinking. Im the dumbest one here even though I'm the oldest!" Last-Harry exclaimed.
"Mmhmmm..." Jason replied, sarcastically.
"You're way too modest, Harry. Soon, people will mistake you for having low self-esteem or depression." Abigail tutted, chuckling.
"Depression isn't only low self-esteem, Abby. You should know better then this!" Harry exclaimed.
"Changing the topic, I see? And, I know, I am just pointing out how dumb some people are..." Abigail pointed out.
"I just don't know much about mental health disorders!" Jason retorted. Both others chuckled.
"You precious bean, Jace." Abigail imitated.
"My name isn't Jace!" Jason yelled, his hair going a bright red as well as his eyes.
"Oh. My. God. My god brother is a metamorphmagus!~" Abigail danced around. Jason groaned. Well, at least the subject was changed.

"Isn't logic the same as knowledge?" Ron asked.
"And that's why you aren't a Ravenclaw, Ronald." Percy groaned.
"Intelligence is not necessarily the only quality of a Ravenclaw. Don't they also need to be witty? Or just admire the traits?" Dean Thomas questioned.
"Yeah, Percy just doesn't do much research or admiring of other houses, does he?" Harry asked.
"That sounds like a cunning remark. You sure you aren't a Slytherin?" Dean Thomas asked. Harry felt his head hurt as he had another flashback

"Sorry, Harry, but you seem a lot like a Slytherin... Are you sure you won't be with all of those evil people?" Jason asked.
"Not all Slytherins are evil. Was Merlin evil?" Abigail asked rhetorically.
"No..." Jason responded.
"Exactly. Not all of them are bad, you could just as easily have an evil Ravenclaw or Gryffindor then an evil Slytherin." Abigail answered.
"Thanks, Abby." Harry thanked, smiling, But still hoping he was a Gryffindor.

"Harry, you alright?" Ron waved a hand over his friend's face. The feast had just ended and Harry had been clutching his head for a minute or so.
"I-I'm fine..." Harry assured him.
"Hey, Harry... where did that scar come from? As in, the lighting one? It just flashed purple and you spaced out..." Hermione told him. "There isn't anything about magical scars in books about magical injuries."
"What scar? I don't have one..." Harry replied, truthfully.
"I mean, the one on your forehead." Hermione responded.
"He didn't know he had it until just now, how would he know?" Ron added, annoyed. Harry sighed. This was going to be a long year.

Harry pretty much had the same encounters for all of the teachers but I decided to change Snape's reaction. He would have been more bitter since he had lost his friendship and love of his life to his enemy and they just lived happily while he was left all alone. Anyways, here is the potions class:

"Potter, Potter!" A girl sneered. "You seem to be enjoying your time with the red-haired weasels. Are you sure they aren't only using you for charity?"
"Pansy, we should probably lay off. He must already be infected by his fake friend's germs! As well as the filthy little mudblood." A blonde boy told her. Harry instantly remembered the girl was a Slytherin named Pansy Parkinson and the boy was the pale Draco Malfoy. His and Malfoy's father's had had "Not-very-pleasant" experiences while in school.
"Lay off, Malfoy!" Ron defended.
"Why should he listen to you? You've already proved your family is hopeless. Ours are two of the purest there is, you've also began associating with those who don't even belong in a loathsome school like Hogwarts." Parkinson scowled.
"Well, the Potters were a pureblood family. We only aren't a part of the sacred 28 because of the fact that some muggles have it as a last name. Weasleys are also a part of the sacred 28 so, though you might think they're blood-traitors, they're still a pureblood family." Harry added. Parkinson glared at him and Malfoy just looked at him in shock.
"Come on, Dracey! We're leaving!" Pansy looked up and walked away and into the potions classroom.
"Sorry about Pansy. She was raised to believe in pureblood supremacy since she was young. She believes in it so she acts like this when around mud- muggleborns. I only am not like that because I have an ounce of common sense, unlike her." Malfoy apologised, before rushing off to join Pansy.

"Come in." Professor Snape's monotone voice told the class. Everyone walked in.
"Tell me, Potter... What would I get if I added the powdered rout of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked.
"You would get the drought of living death, sir." Harry replied, glad that his mother had told him about potions.
"Where would you look if I told you to find a bezoar?" Snape tutted. Hermione's hand shot straight up.
"In the potions cupboard." Harry added, bluntly. The Gryffindors burst out laughing and Malfoy even let out a small chuckle before going back to his emotionless facade. Snape glared at him.
"What? You can't expect me to dissect the bezoar of a goat, would you? That's far too violent, Professor." Harry grinned. The Professor went on with the lesson, bitterly calling on Harry and also insulting Hermione.
"Do you take pride in being an insufferable little know-it-all, Miss Granger?" The teacher asked. Hermione looked upset and offended but she never said anything.