CLANK!

Lan XiChen glanced beside him and saw Lan Wangji's chopsticks placed on top of a white porcelain dish, his palm is pressed on the table.

Lan Wangji looked at the elder who spoke and he recognized that this was the one who he had injured the most, he held a staring contest with Lan Wangji while Lan Qiren looked like he wanted to strangle someone.

“Ill go first, i am already full, excuse me” Lan Wangji slowly stood up and left the dining hall, Lan XiChen looked at the food that was barely touched, he stood up as well bowed and followed Lan Wangji.

“Wangji!”

Lan Wangji stopped and looked back at his brother with a small frown on his face, he was not even trying hard to hide how displeased he was. “Brother, what happened to Wei Ying?”

“.. Wangji.. Young Master Wei, He died on the burial mounds” Lan Xichen said softly and looked at his younger brother waiting for his reaction however Lan Wangji only looked at him without blinking and slowly turned back, he started walking back to the direction where his Jingshi was. Lan Xichen was about to say something but he stopped and looked at Lan Wangji's figure disappearing from his line of sight. He was expecting for Lan Wangji to at least have a reaction, sadness, anger or even being surprised but he didn't see any and it scared him, he was worried if Lan Wangji would do something, but he knew his younger brother, the more he force him into saying something, the more he wont talk and so the only thing he can do now is to look after him.

Lan Wangji slowly closed the door once he arrived, leaning against it he let out a shaking breath and closed his eyes. Lan XiChen's voice echoed on his ears, the words stabbed his heart, it was difficult to swallow and accept. he bit his trembling lower lip, taking a deep breath he slowly opened his eyes and looked ahead of the room, in the corner a small table was situated in front of a window and his eyes focused on the instrument that was placed there, with wide eyes he immediately walked closer to it, brushing his robes aside his finger ran in the familiar surface of his Zither. it was clean, no dust, it was very well taken care of despite his absence. Looking at it he plucked a string the tone vibrated in the quiet room and suddenly Lan Wangji looked out of the window as he realized something. He immediately stood up not even bothering to fix his robe he went to his wardrobe and took out a white linen cloth, he made a quick steps into the table and slowly covered his Zither with it. he slung it behind him and left Cloud Recesses.

.

.

.

.

.

“Hey have you heard? the Yiling Patriach is dead”

“oh, I heard that! about four weeks ago the four major clan sieged him in Burial Mound”