8. Guilt

My eyes fluttered open, and so did my senses, to the pungent stench of gasoline.

My head was leaning against the clear window pane, which was splattered with drops of water. I guessed it rained earlier.

Realising the events that had transpired before I blacked out, I blinked my eyes a couple of times and shifted upwards in the seat of the car.

The car? Gasoline?

I looked out the window, the car was parked in a Gas Station. So I turned my head, and checked the back. That's when I spotted him, fully clothed this time, in fresh, clean clothes.

He was filling the gas tank with fuel, whilst looking a little too serious.

Apparently, I was still in my pajamas and I didn't know whether to be offended that he didn't see it fit to change my clothes, or be grateful that he was considerate enough to know that changing my clothes without my permission, while I was unconscious was foul.

He startled me a bit when he opened the door and slammed it shut.

"Good day," he said to me, "there are chocolate bars in the back seat.Help yourself."

"Where are we going?" I asked him, my belly was already starting to make a sound and a headache formed.

He started the car, and begun driving out of the Station.

"Far away." He stated, as if it were a specific location.

"Where are we?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"It's exactly what I said, Human."

I checked the backseat, spotting indeed, a nylon bag full of chocolate bars. After quickly grabbing one, I furrowed my brows at it's tiny size.

"So about last night—"

He laughed, "last night? You've been passed out for three days now."

"So, I was unconscious for three days and you thought getting me bars of chocolate would be best to still my hunger?" I opened the wrapper with my teeth, and it glided open just fine, and without any hassle.

"Never said I make the best decisions, Human."

"What was the cop saying about them finding you?" I took a bite and my taste buds were automatically filled with the deliciousness of chocolate and nuts, "who's them?"

"Let's just say you do NOT want to come across them, or any of them." He turned the wheel and the car steered right.

"Why?" I asked with a mouthful of chocolate.

He sighed, "because I'm the nice one."

I grabbed another bar and opened it.

"So, who's Sarah?"

"She's someone I do not want to talk about."

"Why not?"