Chapter 4

Damian's P.O.V

As I stepped into my room,I flung my katanna into the nearest wall,then proceded to fling myself into my bed. This just doesn't add up, I thought solemly. I have never in my life been more confused as I was now.

The sheer simplicity of the situation was making no sense. How Raven managed to get herself into such a situation was beyond me. For the love of Christ SHE'S THE DAUGHTER OF THE LITERAL SATAN!

However I can't say that I despised the girl, she is my teammate after all. Regardless of what Raven was, I had began to enjoy being in her presence more than anyone else in the tower. She was the one Titan here who I think, knows the meaning of quiet. After watching her for a few days, I knew her morning schedule a bit well.

At 5am or sometime after 4:30 Raven would wake up and stretch. After doing that she'd head to the roof and meditate until the sun has began to rise. Afterwards she'd make her way to the kitchen in which she'd make a cup of Earl Grey tea with little to no sugar. After that her room became her last destination for awhile.

Stopping my thoughts from going further I quickly went into my bathroom and splashed some water onto my face. I then returned to my room where I switched my uniform for a black T-shirt and trousers. I then ran a hand through my black, cropped,tousled hair. I then left the room and shut the door behind myself.

I met the rest of of the team in the living room. Jaime and Logan decided to stay just in case any further information concerning the disappearance of Raven was to arise. In a way,I was content with the idea especially since it'd mean that I we, as in Starfire and I, wouldn't have to take the car.

I nodded at Starfire and she and I made our way to the garage. I decided to take my motorcycle while Starfire flew. As I mounted the machine,  I nodded at her signaling that I was ready and sped off into the nearby city.

***@***

As we arrived at the place shut off the motorcycle before dismounting. Starfire's and I's eyes drifted to the building before us.
It was a two-story building, dark red in colour with potted flowers lined up outside. I looked a couple meters above the door where a small video camera could be seen. Might come in handy later, I thought smugly.

Starfire and I entered the cafe and I immediately took notice of my surroundings. There weren't many customers in here at the moment, just a family of four and one female teenager. Directly across the room from us, behind a counter, stood a young woman about in her early twenties, talking on her phone. Starefire and I moved forward.

Just as we reached the counter, the young woman ended her call and turned to us. "Hello, what will you two be having?",she asked while reaching out to a nearby room to what I presumed to be the kitchen.

"Nothing actually ",Starfire replied standing up a bit straighter. "We're looking for someone who went missing after stopping here about a hour and a half ago."

"Someone's missing?",the young woman asks. I sighted a name tag in the sewn onto her left breast pocket that read Akeila."Maybe a description would help me to identify this person. "Akeila asks hopefully.

Before Koriand'r could answer, I stated",She's about 5'4,with pale skin, shoulder-length purplish-black hair and purple eyes. She goes by the name Rachel Roth". By the end of my statement Akeila's eyes were as wide as saucers. "Rachel's missing!?"she subconsciously exclaimed.

"You know Rachel?",I asked whilst raising an eyebrow.

"Yes,  I mean shes a friend of mine. She stopped here today but that was the last time I spoke to her. "

"Really?"Koriand'r asked from beside me, her attention now drawn. "Did you see anything strange happen?Was she with anyone?"

"Akeila responded, "Come to think of it, yes. After Rachel ordered and took a seat, this muscular just came and sat in front of her,regardless of the amount of empty chairs all around. All I remembered was that he was wearing sunglasses. "

My eyes surveyed the room, though my mind was brimming with unanswered questions. Who was that man? Was he related to the disappearance of Raven? Why was he with her in the first place?

"-however I have a video camera that's been on all day-

",-wait ",Akeila's sentence was cut short as Damian voiced his thoughts ",would that happen to be the one outside?"

"No not that one" ,the young woman replied as the pointed her hand towards the top left corner of the room, "There's one right there. If you both want, I could show y'all to where it's linked to my computer. Maybe y'all will see something that I haven't ".

Starfire spoke up,"That would be most appreciated ",she sounded hopeful and I could imagine the effects this news have given her. "

"Alright, follow me". Starfire and I went around the counter and followed Akeila through the nearby door. As I expected it led into a moderately sized kitchen."There's my laptop, it doesn't have any passwords so it should be pretty much accessible. Also..."

The young woman's voice trailed off as the light ping of a bell could be heard faintly. Her hand gestured to a small table on which a computer layed. "Okay listen I have to go and serve a few customers, but take as much time as you both new."Akeila said and ended her first sentence. She left afterwards as Starfire told her to go.

I quickly directed my body towards the table and then sat down on a chair seated in front of it and Starefire took a seat beside me. I quickly scrimmaged through the computers files until I found a video footage from earlier. This footage was within the timeframe from 12pm-1pm. I quickly fast-forward the clip until I saw a certain person enter were the cafe. I watched as Raven spoke to Akeila then went to sit down in a booth near a window. Beside me I heard Starfire let out a breath as a man decked out in a grey T-shirt and black jeans, came inside the room and went directly towards the table Raven sat at, before sitting down in one of the chairs. He was also wearing sunglasses.

I watched as the two initiated into quiet conversation before Akeila came to the table and handing a cup of tea to Raven, before turning to the to ask what the man would ordering.

At least that's what I read from her lips.

Akeila left after the man gave an answer. Raven and the mans attention was captured by supposedly something outside. I was about to fast-forward the footage again only to stop when I saw the mans hand move quickly from beneath the table table to sprinkle something into Raven's cup of tea. Confused by the sudden action,  I previewed that part of the footage and watched again as the action was repeated before pausing the footage. I then turned to look Starfire,   judging by the look on her face I guess she and I had the same conclusion.

"Raven was drugged."