Chapter 35

His lips are already tired from smiling. Aside from that, he is also tired from hearing and answering the same questions all over again. This must be the reason why Yamaguchi got tired of attending events for him, it really is stressful. The event hasn't started yet that's why they've been hopping around person to person because Shirabu has been pulling and showing him around as if he was his trophy.

Tsukishima did not say anything though. As much as he wanted to hiss at Shirabu, he couldn't. Leaving their group was futile too, because he felt like Kuroo is not allowing him to even stray further away than a meter from their group.

He got a chance to quietly walk away from them when they were being interviewed by authorized people. He was lucky enough to move into a slightly open space, that's why he took a breather.

"Champagne?" A waiter walked near him and offered him a tall glass of champagne. Tsukishima nodded and gladly accepted the glass.

He drank almost half of it because he was too tense. Tsukishima suddenly want out of this event but unfortunately that would be a display of bad conduct. He'll just have to put up with everything, since maybe they will not be seated in a table together.

Well his judgment was wrong.

"I would love to thank everyone for coming to the launching of our new brand," the designer expressed her greatest gratitude to the audience.

Tsukishima's face all throughout the launching event was sour. Although as much as possible he is trying to maintain a straight face, he can't. Shirabu didn't even let go of him, and asked the organizers to trade tables with other guests so that he could sit with them. Talk about abuse of power.

The reason why the sour face was because he is sitting across the famous love birds in town. He is trying to avert his eyes as much as possible but he can't, because Kuroo is making such big moves that could not go unnoticed. Damned man kept on shifting on his seat, leaning towards Alisa whenever she is whispering anything and the likes.

"Now please enjoy food and the wonderful night ahead of us," she finished before the audience erupted in a round of applause.

Food were served. Finally. Tsukishima's mind was too tired because it kept on focusing on other things rather than what is in front of him. Now that he has something to do, he finally has a way to not get involved with conversations.

As he was sliding his knife into the steak, Shirabu eyed at him mischievously. Tsukishima glared before rolling his eyes and stabbing the poor piece of meat on the plate before eating it.

"So, Tsukishima-san. What do you have in store for us since you are back?" A woman in her 50s who sat with them asked him. Crap. Why is it always like this?

All eyes were on him. But that particular piercing gaze bothered him the most. He reached for the glass of water in front of him before answering the question.

"Well...I'm still busy with my studio since I just came back," he simply replied. A short hum was granted as a response.

"I heard that you went to France, how was your stay?" Alisa chirped in. Tsukishima doesn't want to answer the same damned question all over again, but of course he had to at least muster up a reply.

"France was great."

Alisa nodded. She looked at Kuroo and Shirabu. "Maybe next time if we our contracts haven't expired we can try going there?" she chuckled.

"I hope so," another cool reply from Kuroo. His eyes still fixed on him, so Tsukishima averted his gaze and continued to eat his dinner.

"An old colleague of mine said that he saw you studying at the House of Donatella when you were in France?" Another question popped up but this time from a different person. From what Tsukishima could remember, he is the owner of a company that sells fabric dyes.