One: Perfect Match

AN: Okay, hi guys! I just want to say thank you to the lovely @summertimeluke she has been helping me a lot with this story. You're a bae okay and I love you <3

"What's a four lettered word for love?"

My mother sighs, frustrated by the fact that I'm working on a crossword puzzle. She thinks I should go out you know, be living or whatever but I can't because I'm contagious.

"Umm true?" she asks while she looks up from the book "The Lucky One" which she is reading for the millionth time. I guess my mother just buries herself in books so she can escape life, escape me. I quickly scribble it down and look at the spot where my father had been sitting not too long ago.

"He's been gone for awhile, mom."

"Yeah, he's grabbing dinner."

"You could have went with him, mom."

"You're more important at the moment, Abigail."

I sigh and throw the crossword down; that's been the excuse for the longest time pretty much ever since I could remember. Everything my parents do is because of me like I can't even go to school to get an education. My mother sighs again and gives me a reassuring look.

"He didn't leave because of you, Abigial."

"Sure feels like it."

We sit in awkward silence, her reading that stupid book and me watching soap operas. Okay I love soap operas I love the drama and the sense of feeling that your life isn't so bad. Yeah, right.  Suddenly the door opens and my doctor comes in with a big smile on his face. My doctor is always happy when he sees me and I don't really know why. Like seriously dude you're pretty much watching me die right infront of your eyes, why on earth would you be smiling because of that?

"How are we doing?" he asks me and I look directly at my mom.

"He's talking to you Abigail."

"Fine, I guess."

"Good enough to see if I found the right match?"

"What?!" my mother shrieks and I roll my eyes at her, she gets excited way too easily.

"Sure" I say and get out of my bed and into my wheelchair. Yes, I have a wheelchair because I'm too weak to move or walk by myself. He then takes me out of the room, my mother following suit behind him and obviously shaking with excitement. As I'm being pushed to wherever we are going all the nurses wave at me and give me a thumbs up. How could they possibly know? Wait, how could anyone not know. As I'm pushed into the room I see a boy hooked up to wires and he smiles cheekily. I'm too stunned to smile back.

"Abigail, this is Ashton" my doctor says and makes a sweeping gesture, Ashton waves.

"What are you?" Ashton asks as he holds out his hand.

"APL."

"Oooo a rarity." He smiles then laughs.

"Yeah I guess."

"Abigail, Ashton is your perfect match."

"Oh."

I look at Ashton again then shake my head. "No."

"Come on APL I want to do this."

"Look at yourself! You look almost as bad as me!"

He chuckles and gently puts his hand on my shoulder. "Trust me APL, I'll be fine."

My mother then shoots me a look and I sigh. "Fine."

"Good, now let's get started."

AN: Yayyyyyyy! First chappie! Thank you for reading! Please comment, vote and share c: Next chap will be up soon c: