10 - We're All Leaving - Ponyboys POV

Começar do início

"He's a fag! He doesn't deserve anything good in this world! He's lucky I'm still talking to him!" Darry says.

"Darry...I know you hate me...but please, you don't have to agree with me! I'm your brother! We're supposed to be there for each other, we're all we have...please Darry, I'm sorry." I plead stepping closer.

He backs away as if I have some disease.

"No...you're not my brother, this is probably some stupid phase! Just leave and never come back, we all hate you." Darry says.

I cry even more but the gang speaks up for me.

"We don't hate em!" Two-bit says angrily.

"Yeah, he's right man, you're being to hard on him man, he did nothing wrong, like he said, don't agree with him but don't kick him out either, he had no money, clothes or anywhere to stay besides our houses, which aren't completely safe, he was scared to death that we were gonna beat him up like you did, you haven't seen him for weeks and you still don't care?" Dally said.

Darry looked like he could kill him right then and there but I knew the gang wouldn't let him.

"You know nothing! So either Ponyboy, you stay here and quit being a fag or you leave!" Darry said.

⚠️HOMOPHOBIA ENDS⚠️

I thought of Johnny and how much I love him, he would be lonely without me and Darry would never let me go anywhere anymore.

"I'm leaving! I'm not staying with you!" I say just as bad as him.

My tone clearly shocked him and he was about to close the door when all of a sudden Sodapop tries to open it.

"No Darry! Please don't kick him out! Please! He's out brother!" Soda pleaded over and over, tears in his eyes.

Darry looks even angrier and says, "Either you stay or leave with him."

I look down trying not to see what happens next.

"I guess I'm going then." Sodapop says and walks over to me.

Darry looked like all the air had been sucked out of him but he quickly got his mad look again.

"Y-You're going with him?!"

"Yeah, he's my brother, like he said, we're all we have Darry. I'm not leaving him alone." Sodapop argues.

Darry stands there bewildered but he quickly changes the look on his face.

"Well then leave, I don't care. Anyone else wants to go?" Darry says in a way that he knows no one else would come.

"Yeah, I will actually." Two-bit stands up and walks over to the front door.

"Me too!" Steve says immediately running to the front door as well.

"Me three." Dally says.

"I guess you're alone Darry." Sodapop smirks at him.

Darry just stands there, completely stunned and he slams the door on all of our faces.

We all stay there silent for a moment until Sodapop notices Johnny.

"Oh, Hey Johnny!" He smiles.

The rest of the gang greets Johnny until Steve says.

"Where we going?"

"My apartment I guess, that's were we will be staying unless you guys want to go to each other's houses, what do you guys want to do?"

"Well the Curtis household was the safest and nicest house so, we'll be going to your apartment, I'm sure we'll all fit." Two-bit smiles.

Johnny smiles back but says, "Well this is probably the best time to tell you my apartment isn't so big."

"Im sure it'll be fine Johnny." Sodapop says.

"Aye, Johnny, what happened to your face? Did ya get in a fight?" Dally asked.

"Um, yeah actually, but doing worry about it, I'm fine." Johnny says trying to change the subject.

"You look tuff." Two-bit says but then says something again, "Wait, do you even know what "Tuff" means?" He asked.

But before Johnny can answer Steve says something smart.

"Don't you remember? He's a Greaser but he doesn't act like one! You have the worst memory."

The gang laughs and begin arguing playfully and I'm happy that they're here.

I always thought being at home would make me happy, but they are my home.

I missed Sodapop's charm, Steve's cocky self even if he was mean to me, Two-bit's  humor, and Dally's cold, hard self.

"Guys." I speak up. "I just wanted to thank you for coming with me, and standing up for me in front of Darry. I was so scared and you guys helped me."

"Of course we would! We love you Pony." Soda says casually.

We all get into the car and the gang is complaining in the back of the car because they are all squished.

"Two-bit stop! You're breathing on me." Dally complains.

Two-bit smirks and says, "I can do so much more than breath on you."

Dally blushes but quickly tries to hide it by covering his face and looking out the window.

My eyes widen and I'm shocked, does he like Dally?

The whole gang laughs even Johnny and so do I.

They continue arguing because they are squished in the back and it's getting pretty annoying.

"By the way, my apartment is pretty small, there's only one room, so are you guys sure you want to stay there?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah of course, unless one of the guys don't want to?"  Soda asked but no one backed out.

"Ohhhh! Johnny can we have a sleepover in the living room in your apartment please?" Two-bit asked like a little kid.

Soda and Steve chimed in and begged.

Johnny laughed and said yes.

"Let's go to your houses so you guys can get clothes." Johnny said.

"I can sneak into my house when Darry's at work tomorrow." Sodapop said.

"You can borrow some of my clothes!" Steve said.

Johnny drove to each of their houses to get their things and then when we were done we drove to the grocery to buy more ingredients because the gang was eating what Johnny was cooking.

The gang filled the cart with junk food but Johnny didn't mind. That's why I love him so much.

We all get in the car and drive to his apartment.

Johnny makes sure no one is looking and squeezes my hand and continues driving.

I couldn't be happier.
____________________________________

Hey guys! Thank you for reading and I'm sorry for using the slur if you guys don't want me to use it anymore please let me know! But anyway thank you and have a good day and night.

LOVE YOU!!