The king of Sparta sighed "I fear tomorrow they will try again Aegeus" was what the king said. Perseus nodded before replying "War is not won without sacrifice as they say, the men fought and died bravely being guilty about their deaths will only take away the honor they held as they died remember that my king."

Before Leonidas could reply to Perseus though said person spoke again "I fear that my instincts tell me to watch the men we fight with and they have never proved me wrong so my friend watch yourself for I fear a traitor is in our mists." That sentence caused Leonidas to think about it before sighing and leaning against the rock behind them. "There are always traitors at one point, after all that is part of war." "Yes, yes it is" and with that the 2 men sat in silence as they thought about the first part of the battle before Perseus stood and clasped Leonidas on his shoulder "Best to rest for I feel tomorrow to be a long day" to which Leonidas agreed.

The 2 men then walked to their separate living quarters and sat on the ground as they let their minds relax and closed their eyes to the darkness which overtook their minds.

In the next morning Perseus was up and about as many of the army still slept but that was because of his divine endurance. But while Perseus was looking around the campsite he saw a Greek soldier walk out. So he did what everyone would do he shrugged and continued walking. The sun now rose in the sky as the Greek army held their swords, shields, spears or whatever their weapon was. When they heard heavy footsteps they all knew the Persian army was approaching. Then without another warning their foes struck.

They charged at the Greeks with seemingly inhuman speeds as they fire their way through. Perseus this time was toward the middle but in the battle chaos erupted as some Greeks cowered and ran and in no time Perseus himself was being approached by the Persians. He felt his kind work in overtime as he dodged the arrows shot at him or blocked them with his shield but he made 1 fatal move. A Persian warrior approached with a spear as he thrust it towards Perseus who blocked his sword against it and pushed it out but that was when an arrow hit just the right spot. It tore through Perseus' shoulder as he snapped his teeth together to withhold a gasp of pain. The spearman seeing an opportunity thrust his spear toward Perseus' chest but he apparently didn't account for how how strong the armor was as the spear bounced off the armor bit not without making a dent. The hit was however enough to knock Perseus off his feet as he fell to the ground. Perseus landed with a hard thud as his body went on instinct alone.

He pushed his body up and turned his blade to knock the spearman off his feet as he hit his legs, and just like that the spearman joined him on the ground. He raised his shield above his head as he felt the wind change directions in 1 spot which meant it was likely an arrow. The arrow hit his shield and he then put the shield to his chest and hit the spearman with it. It clearly broke his nose as blood splashed in the ground and the spearman cried out in pain. Perseus wasted no time and thrust his sword at the mans side and sliced up as the mans armor was not as good as Perseus'. He cut the mans side then grabbed the man by his throat and in a moment of pure bloodlust broke his neck in the most savage way. He grabbed the mans spear and threw it at the archer who hit him in his shoulder.

The spear pierced the archers heart as he fell to the ground with blood pouring out of his mouth. Then just like the day before the Persians retreated but not without sending hoards of arrows at the Greeks. He saw at least 6 men fall to the arrows as he just like the day before looked around. It was just like yesterday but worse stacks upon stacks of Greek and Persian bodies lined the battlefield.

The medics worked fast as they grabbed Perseus and dragged him away but Perseus couldn't get the picture of the battlefield out of his head. They stripped him of his armor and worked on his shoulder and stomach which had a spear tip sized bruise. They dismissed Perseus when he was done and started on their next patient.

Perseus walked over to his sleeping quarters when he saw something that was different and decided to see what it was. It was a path beside the hot gates and Perseus felt his eyes widen why hadn't he checked the area before. He then thought back to when he saw the Greek soldier in the morning and he thought about it. 'What could he be doing out right now' Perseus narrowed his eyes till he saw who it was. The Greek was cowardly man who in Perseus' mind had no right to fight, that was how Perseus came to own conclusion. 'He told the Persians of this path' and with that thought Perseus ran to the king of Sparta to tell him and the minute he did Leonidas told him to gather the leaders from each group of men.

The men gathered in 1 spot around a table with a map that marked the new found path. "Aegeus here has discovered a path that he said the Persians know about and could use to get through." The men tried to act calm but fear quickly took control as many men without a word left trying to calm their nerves. At least that was what Perseus thought till they left not just the tent but the campsite and soon other men followed. Strangely Leonidas let them go but he saw no Spartan leave.

When everyone had left if they wanted to, Leonidas only had around 300 men most Spartans but some Thespians and Thebans as well. He knew that with that number of people it would be a massacre but he steeled his nerves and cane up with a plan he told everyone. When he was down everyone went to their tents and slept knowing they most likely will not come out of this battle alive.