"Ow!" Peter said, rubbing his forehead.

You blushed. "Sorry."

"It's okay. We're at the hotel." He grinned, grabbing his things and getting up.

You facepalmed yourself. Why were you so surprised by that? You and Peter used to lie next to each other and binge all the time when you were younger. But, that was when you were younger. Curse your heart for beating so loudly.

You and the class got off at the most embellished hotel ever. Swirls and designs were depicted in the walls and ceilings. Not to mention the rooms, where everyone had their own queen-sized bed. And room, for that matter.

"Can you believe this?!" Betty exclaimed when she visited your room.

"Yeah, who would've thought the touring company would give us of all people an upgrade?" MJ said, entering as well.

You sighed, sitting cross-legged on your bed. "It was a great turn of events."

"But seriously, Y/n, spill." MJ said, looking you dead in the eye.

You freezed. She couldn't have found out...?

"What's the deal with you and Peter?" Betty finished, giggling.

You breathed in relief and waved off the question. "Nothing."

"Mhmm. Because that's totally why you guys were sleeping on one another on the bus." MJ smirked at you.

"And why you've been hanging out with him a lot." Betty eyed you pointedly.

"Nothing's going on, he just looks at you as if you're the most precious girl out there."

"Yeah, and he just wanted you to sit with him on the bus, literally yanking you into his row."

"Okay, okay," You laughed. "I know everything looks like we are... y'know... but we're not. I swear. He was just lonely because Ned--"

Knock knock

"I bet it's Peter." MJ whispered and Betty gave you an overenthusiastic thumbs-up.

You rolled your eyes and opened the door.

"Y/n, I need you to come with me." It was indeed Peter at the door.

"Where to?" You asked, then lowering your voice. "Does this have anything to do with... that?"

He nodded and looked around your room. "Is there anyone in there?"

"Just MJ and Betty." You said. "Hey, guys, you were right!" MJ and Betty reached the door, eyeing Peter.

"So what are you two going?" MJ asked.

"Nowhere." Peter gulped.

"I think that's a lie." Betty turned to you. "What'd he ask you?"

You shrugged, searching for excuses. "He was just asking if we can sit next to each other at that opera thing we're going to."

Peter nodded and put a hand on your shoulder. "Yes. That's what I asked."

You glared at him as if saying, 'what are you doing?'

Peter continued. "I just wanted to spend some more alone time with my n/n."

You shut your eyes, blushing furiously.

"And Y/n here said that there was nothing going on!" MJ chuckled. She and Betty exchanged knowing glances before smirking at the two of you. 

"Okay. We'll leave you to it." Betty winked at you and you blushed and rolled your eyes.

"Sorry about them." You said after they were well out of earshot.

Peter shrugged and lay back on your bed. "Eh."

You inhaled, thankful that he didn't press what you girls were talking about before he arrived. You, in turn, decided not to press him about the exaggeration on that excuse. "Anyway, what was the update that you were going to tell me?"

"When the class goes to the opera house, I'm going to need to duck out and go to the town center and prepare for the fight." He said.

You nodded, sitting next to him. "Are you going to wear your stealth suit?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, that's why it was made."

"Should I bring the stuff Fury sent?" You asked dropping the bag of gear on the bed.

Peter sat up abruptly. "No, you're not going."

You started. "What? Why not?"

Peter turned and looked at you in the eye. "It's dangerous and requires training. You only have a day's worth, Y/n."

You sighed. "C'mon, Pete. Please." You gave him a pleading look.

His hard expression wavered. "Okay, that face is almost impossible to deny."

You brightened a bit. "Real--"

Peter smirked at you before pushing hair out of your face. "Almost."

You groaned, watching him leave. Even though what Peter had said was probably best for you... you couldn't resist missing that fight.

-----------------------------------------------------

what are your opinions on the disney-sony-spiderman drama going on? 

-liana