seven

"Okay, one foot in front of the other! Back on the bus, people!" Mr. Dell called out to the class that mingled in the rest stop. 

"That was a close one with Brad, huh?" You whispered to Peter as you boarded.

"Yeah." He sighed but slipped on Edith again. "But I can't be too careful."

You followed his gaze and it landed on Brad. "What are you going to do?"

"Edith, uh... there's this guy in my class and--Uh, yes. He's a target." After he said that, Peter went pale and started to ramble.

"Peter. Peter!" You shook his shoulders. "What's going on? Did you delete the photo?"

He looked at you, panicked. "No! Edith thinks I want her to kill Brad!"

Your eyes widened. "Well, tell her to cancel or something!"

"I'm trying to!"

"What's all the commotion back here?" Flash passed your row and grinned. "I knew there was something going on." He snatched Edith off Peter's face.

"Flash, give that back." You said.

"These glasses are dope, Peter. How'd you pay for these?" Flash smirked and almost put them on.

You stood up and tried to get the glasses back from him. Peter looked out of the back window and saw a strike drone and panicked even more.

"You really want these badly, n/n, huh?" Flash taunted as he kept the lenses out of your reach.

"Give the glasses back, Flash. C'mon." You pleaded, stopping your jumping.

"Mmm. No, I'm good. I want to--"

You punched him in the stomach.

"Y/n!" Peter yelled-whispered. "Did you just punch Flash?"

"Uh..." You gently shoved Flash into the row across from you and lay his arm over his eyes, making him look like he was sleeping. You took back Edith. "It was an accident?"

Peter just smirked at you knowingly. "Well, hand me Edith."

You did, and Peter eyed the trailing strike drone. "Edith, cancel the attack!"

Peter looked around the bus, and you took it as Edith didn't cancel the attack. He dug around in his backpack and put on some webshooters. "Distraction."

You looked at him with shock. "Distraction? What distraction am I going to make in here? And what are you going--"

Peter smiled at you. "Just watch the pro, Y/n."

You rolled your eyes. "A pro would hardly order a strike attack on a classmate."

Peter stuck his tongue out at you and yelled to the rest of the bus, "Look at the baby mountain goats!"

Everyone awed and turned to the windows. Peter jumped out of the bus and disabled the drone. He landed back just in time when everyone turned back, confused.

"You missed them." You said, shrugging.

Thankfully, no one suspected anything and Peter was able to delete the pic without killing anyone.

You both slumped back in your seats, relieved. Peter put an arm around you. "That was another close one."

Without thinking, you leaned into his embrace. "Seem to have a lot of those lately."

--------------------------------------------

"Y/n... wake up, we gotta go." Peter whispered. You opened your eyes and saw him looking down at you. You got up abruptly, knocking heads.