- i -

It started on a lazy Sunday afternoon when I joined a club in the internet

It started on a lazy Sunday afternoon when I joined a club in the internet. Joiners. A backpacking group tour. There was a day trip in Baler, Aurora and I, as a workaholic teacher, couldn't be any happier because Baler is such a beautiful place. I wanna see the waves and the beautiful sunrise and sunset there.

I booked myself and luckily found a spot. What a nice way to deviate my devoted self to writing mathematical equations and may be a better way to deal with my anxiety from my recent break-up.

Morning comes and I was ecstatic. It's my first time travelling without my students, my co-workers and my boss. I am finally, able to travel alone. I already packed my bag last night so I am more than ready.

Once we rendezvous with other joiners, our service car started it's journey.

Six hours passed and we are greeted by our tour president, telling us to open the windows for us to feel and smell the wind. We are excited to do so and we didn't regret it. It was refreshing.

Once we made it to the camp house, our tourist president assigned a local for one of us. To teach us about the place, their history, their traditions, food and many more. They will be our companion for three days.

As I am looking at the locals present, my curiosity was piqued by a man, if my hunch was right, was a surfer, judging from his even tan.

He was your typical tall, dark and handsome kind of man. I heard him talk so I knew that he is also intelligent and have that rare sense of humor that's why I gave him a second look. He was hot, obviously. A gentleman, but from the looks of it, yeah, he is also a ladies man. He is straight and I don't care if he likes gay cause I am not in Baler to find it out. I am here to relax. To breathe in the fresh salty air and breathe out my stress at work. I don't have time for the likes of him.

Coincidentally, he became my local partner and we spent the entire day surfing. We spent half a day with each other, with nothing but the sea and the breeze. Luckily, my thoughts about him were right. He's a lady killer. Glad I'm not one.

Later that night, at the surfing camp, they started gathering woods for our bonfire.

As a lone wolf, of course, I didn't budge at my seat. Everyone was busy and there I am, reading my favorite book. He stood in front of me and asks what I'm doing and I did not reply. I just stared at him with my one brow raising.

"We need some woods. Care to help? You're part of this tour group." He asks silently.

"I am, but I didn't ask for a bonfire. I'm good at this spot. I can manage. I think with the group you can gather enough woods for the bonfire." I replied and continue my reading.

"It's a group activity and you sign up for it. Stand up." He replied, stressing my obligations.

As a tourist, of course I am afraid. I don't know him that much and I don't want to know his bad side either so I stood up, left my book where I sat.