Chapter 8

Sorry it took so long to update /: Ive been really busy. I normally update without editing so I apologize in advance. Please vote and comment (:

There he was. Dux Bellorum was standing over ber nephews bed, as if he had been waiting for him to return. The demon turned to face her, and as he did, she noticed how disturbing his prescence truly was. A long black robe, with black smoke radiating off the ends was what covered him. When he turned to face her, she noticed instantly that this was not the same DuxBellorum that was in the pictures. This one had pale thin skin . His face was bony, and his eyes were soulless . Sophia cleared the thoughts from her head, and stood her ground as the demon began to speak in his raspy voice.

"I was hoping you would come in, even though I wouldve preferred the boy's mother instead. "

Sophia's blood heated while listening to how the demon planned to ambush her sister, but kept herself under control.

"You should be more afraid of her than you are. Trust me. And my mother always told me not to talk to strangers, but ---"

DuxBellorum, laughed deeply. "You're not as smart as I anticipated. You might not have met me personally, but I am no stranger to your family."

The smoke from DuxBellorum began to spread as his voice became no more than a whisper.

"Because I stole the life from your grandmother's sister. She tried to say that I stole her happiness."

Sophia paled as she remembered a story that her Grandmother had told her and Destinee about when she was a litle girl. They wanted to play in the rain, but were warned that the black storm cloud took the happiness from life and the color from the rainbow. She now fully understood the tale, and the reason her mother had stressed the need for light in the house.

"So," Sophia continued, "You harass my family, because you're to weak to keep power for yourself."

Thr snarl on his face showed that she had pushed the right button.

"I thank Satan everyday that every century, I get to feed on self-righteous witches like you!"

Sophia's eyes held the demons's in an icy glare.

"Why the fuck are you after my nephew. You normally prey on new borns, right? You're about three years to late."

The demon began to move closer to her. "Well, I was going to feed off of your sisters child when the time came, since I have a year to select the child I want. But, your nephew is a very special child. The Feelix family has brought forth the most powerful witches that the world has ever seen. You and your sister have been anticipated by much of the magical community since the beginning of time. Your powers have yet to reach your full potential."

Sophia remained on gaurd, as DuxBellorum once again inched closer to her. His confidence seemed to grow, as he continued to speak.

"What you and your sister failed to realize is that, the firstborn child, from the firstborn sister, with the right training and guidance, could learn skills that would make him almost untouchable."

Sophie's eyes widened slightly as she understood his words. "So, you plan on taking Marcus, instead of his sister, with hope that you'll no longer have to feed." She leaned on the dresser by the door. "Sure, you can have him. When hell freezes over. "

"I plan on taking him, young witch." The demon held out an arm, allowing the smoke to reach Sophia. She touched the tips amd turned them to solid ice.

This move sent the demon flying back, and when he opened his twisted mouth to speak again, his rage dripped off of his every word.

"You will not stop me!"

This time, Sophia took a step forward. "Not alone, but my sister and I will."

She noticed that the smoke from the demon was slowly surrounding her, but decided to try and stall until her sister showed up with Lacy.

"We know all about you Dux. You can only meddle in dreams, and you're not strong enough to step into my mind."

DuxBellorum began to smirk as his words tumbled out. "That's where you're wrong. I only pose a heavy threat in dreams, until someone releases me. Your scared little nephew told me to "leave his head," before he woke up today."

Sophia remained silent for a few moments. She began to wonder if she would be able to work with her sister to get rid of him, when she reminded herself that this demon was a bottom feeder. He didnt deserve her fear. DuxBellorum was confused as Sophia began to smile as she spoke.

"Lets be honest. You're at the end of a magical power trip. You are NO threat to a witch like me. My magic is my birthright, and I don't need to take from others to sustain myself."

His mangled body tightened, as her words obviously offended him. "Maybe I cant kill you now. But in your sleep, be very afraid. Especially when in this house."

Sophia shot out a stream of dry ice, as her temper boiled over. She could feel this icy edge of her rage as she spoke. " What makes yu think you're powerful enough to bother my sleep? You are nothing but a parasite, and I promise the mistake of coming after my nephew will cost you your life."

The figure's face became blank as dark smoke began to fill the room, burning Sophia's lungs. As she started to cough, DuxBellorum smiled. "But everyone needs rest dear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lacy sped into the driveway of the house, and Destinee was half way to the door before Lacy could even park the little Sentra. Destinee had borrowed a pair of Lacy's sneakers and burst into the house at full speed. She was about to shout for her sister when Lacy put a hand over her mouth.

"Shh. Des, he could be here."

Destinee nodded, and was about to check the basement when she heard a crash upstairs. Destinee was full of dread .

"The noise sounded like it came from Marcus's room."

Lacy followed her cousin as Destinee sprinted towards her son's room. They were both alarmed to see that the lights upstairs were off.

The two said a prayer as Destinee lifted her ear to the door. She heard:

inter spem et metun, inter vivos, in somnis invictus maneo, in-- (Between hope and fear between the living, in dreams I remain--)

the demon was cut off by Destinee as she sent the door flying open, and shot out a wave of fire that singed DuxBellorum's robes and bony hands. She glanced over at her sister, on the ground coughing her lungs up, as she fought to maintain the icy wind she used to try and clear the smoke. Since Destinee held power over fire, the smoke had very little effect on her. She watched Lacy move infront of Sophia, and raise her hands up sending white light throughout the room to battle the smokey darkness. Destinee then noticed that the demon had not jumped at her because Sophia had frozen the bottom of his robes to the floor. Before she could open fire, the demon began to speak.

"You cannot win, you have no--"

"ShutUp!" Destinee shouted as the room's temperature began to rise as Destinee's temperature boiled over.

"My child is worth my life. You will never take him from me, and I will stop you from taking any other child from their parents ever again."

DuxBellorum wisely said nothing, and began to draw back his smoke.

As he began to fade away, Destinee blew up what smoke he left behind. As the darkness left the room completely, Destinee ran to her sister who was almost unconscious from the amount of smoke she inhaled.

"Hermanita, lo siento. Im sorry, Sophia. Lacy open the window. As Lacy struggled to clear her throat, and open the window, Sophia only nodded her head and held out her hands to Destinee. "Heal me."

Destinee joined hands with her sister, and began to chant. "I call upon my magic, forces of dark and light. Heal my sister, and remove all forms, of affliction from my sight"

The pain was bright and hot, as waves of magic flowed from one sister to the other. Destinee groaned but fought through the pain until Sophia released her hands and began to stand.

"Gracias, Hermana (Thankyou sister), and I know you're sorry, but we need to find a way to kill this bastard, and fast."