Darkness through Magic

Destinee jumped a little as her sister came down the steps of their home and into the basement.

"Hermanita(little sister),you scared me."

Destinee looked over her glasses at her little sister. No matter what time of day, she thought her sister looked muy bonita (very pretty) even the red bra and matching pants.

Hermana(Sister), You know that it's late and your rest is important for the little one. Destinee rested her hands on her growing belly. Daniela was growing quickly inside her, even though she was only 4 months along. "Well if this demon isn't a threat anymore, she'll be safer." Destinee placed her hand above the Mystic. She could feel the magic inside of her respond to the book. It was in her family for generations and held the history of magical creatures their family had come in contact with over the years. the pages of the book flipped under her hand, until she found Duxbellorum.

The demon was almost as old as time itself, and every one hundred years, came from the dark realm to feed off of the most powerful child borb that year. Ofcourse, this would be the year.

Sophia sat next to her sister, reading over her shoulder, while putting a piece of her own shoulder length black waves behind her ear.

"There's no vanquishing spell or potion that has any affect on him?"

"Not yet." Destinee walked over to the table under the basement window, and grabbed the Book O' Herbs. "The most powerful herbs are lychan stems, canid leaves, Black venom and Serpants root"

Sophia looked over at her sister in shock.

"Pero,(but) you cant mix any of them together mi hermana, it will kill us before we even get to him."

"I know, I know, but if I can create a base strong enough to hold atleast two of them...."

Sophia walked over to her sister, and closed the book. "Si. But for now, you and my niece needs to rest. Besides, Luis is probably looking for you.

Destinee laughed a little, "And that would concern me why?" Sophia frowned at her sister, until Destinee caved."But, you're probably right. I should get some rest."

"Good girl Des."

"Yeah, yeah. A little help please?"

Sophia smiled and waved her hand. Then, she watched her sister disappear in an tunnel of ice and snow.When the cloud faded she found herself in front of the love and despair of her life. he was dangerous in every sense of the word with his jet black hair and chisled build,she felt like she chose wisely. she stood there and played with her long dark hair until he spoke.

"Sabes que hora es? You know damn well you shuld be resting."

"Lo siento bebé", (sorry baby)Destinee moved to walk around him, to tired to fight, when he grabbed her arm and pinned her up against the red wall next to their bed.

"Se que tú estas nerviosa, pero no puedes pasar todo el tiempo despierto

(i know you're nervous, but you can't spend all of your time awake). Or away from me."

Understanding,Destinee put her arms around Luis.

"Te Amo,(i love you) and ill sleep easy with you,but i don't want you to worry."

Luis turned his head,to bury his face in her long hair. ill stop worrying when you can fully defend yourself again. She smiled as she tilted her face up to kiss him ." So four months?'

Luis stepped back with a nervous look on his face. "I thought babies took nine months?"

She moved to the bed, bubbling with laughter."Maybe if I didnt have our son two months early. Besides, with all the stress around here ? Hopefully we make 7 months." He relaxed and laid down next to her."oh yeah, i knew that."

"Sure baby. "

"I did ! But I was talking to Lyrica, and she said that it takes a while to figure out what the sex of the baby is . Howd you find out?"

Destinee yawned. "Sophia used magic ofcourse. But don't forget, tomorrow, mi papá quiera hablar contigo.(my father wants to talk to you.), and you have to watch Cheyla for Lyrica while I condition."

Luis yawned as he thought of His older sister, and their god daughter,then realized the last part of what His love had said. "Condition?"

she snuggled up to him. "Ill explain later", and they fell into sleep.