||Chapter 18||

I was watching Carlos play a game-thing when there was another knock on the door.

"Ugh, who is it now?" I opened the door to find my dad staring me right in the face.

"Daddy!" I squealed and hugged him, but he didn't hug back. Well, he couldn't, seeing as his hands were cuffed.

"He doesn't bite, only growls. You don't have to have him cuffed." I told the guards. "We keep him like this for... just to be safe."

"Yeah, okay." I scoffed. "So, popsy, did you revive the witch girl?"
"Yep. It was crazy, you should've seen it."

"King Benjamin and Lady Mal have requested your presence." One of the guards told me.

"Weird, but I get it. Who wouldn't want my presence?"
"Everyone but Carlos."
"He's not wrong."
"Be quiet and play your game!"
"You're the boss."

"Did they say why?" I asked the guard.

"No. They just requested your presence, and Lady Mal asked for us to bring him over before we take him back."

"You're going back? You can't stay?"

My dad shook his head. "Nope."
"Oh. Well, I better get going. Don't wanna keep royalty waiting. I'll be back soon, Carlos."
"Yeah, bye. Don't set anyone on fire." He said while in-captivated in his game.

I said a final goodbye to my dad and headed to Ben and Mal.

"What's up?" I asked nonchalantly walking into Ben's office, and hiding the fact I despise the both of them.

"I would like to apologize." Ben said. "I'm so sorry for keeping you on the Isle for that long. I didn't realize how long I made you wait and how much that hurt you. Carlos was right, you deserve to be here. Also, if I had known you and Mal were sisters, I would've made sure to bring you straight over here-"

"Wait. Listen, I appreciate the apology, don't get me wrong, but you're saying that the only thing that would've made you send me over quicker was the fact I was your girlfriend's sister, and not because I helped save your life?"

"I am extremely grateful that you helped save me-"
"Doesn't sound or look like it."

"Hailey." Mal warned.
"What? Ever heard of the saying 'actions speak louder than words'? If you truly were grateful, we wouldn't be here right now, because you wouldn't have to apologize for anything."

Both Ben and Mal stood there silently, not daring to look at me. I turned to Mal. "And why is dad being sent back?"
"He's a threat."
I snorted. "Yeah, okay. I highly doubt dad would hurt anyone here."

"We don't know that Hailey." Mal told me.
"Uh, yes we do. Do you really think that he'd wreck the place his daughter's live in? Look, I know you hate him for leaving you, but he was doing it because he cared for the both of our's safety."

They stayed quiet again as I began to bring up another topic. "Oh, and what's with the whole, 'the barrier is closed for good' nonsense?"

"Each time we open the barrier, we are open to more treats. Maleficent, Uma, Hades-"

I cut Ben off by laughing. "I'm sorry, those are the big, bad, tough guys you're scared of? And they're all anything but threats, so get over yourselves. Maleficent is a literal lizard, Uma is our friend, and I explained why my dad would never harm Auradon. So try again."

We stood there in silence for a while until I broke it. "I think it's best if I leave. Tell me if you guys need anything. Preferably something other than this."

"Hailey, he was trying to apologize! But you can't put your pride away for one second and accept what he has to say?" Mal said, which stopped me from leaving.

I turned around and stared at her. "No. I can't. What are you gonna do? Send me back to the Isle? Oh wait, you can't. The barrier is closed for good." I gave her a sarcastic smile before finger waving at them and slamming the office door shut.

"I hope Carlos has some chocolate covered pretzels left."
—————————————————————
(A/n: this is literally a filler but I wanted to write something because I can't sleep. And I made a bunch of outfits that'll go to waste if I don't use them and I'll hate myself. Also, now I want chocolate covered pretzels, so thanks Hailey.)