CHAPTER EIGHT.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY POL

Thankfully, before Polly shuffled into the shop it was almost full and Scarlett's head ached thanks to the voices around her, for almost half an hour she resided in Tommy's office but when she heard Polly was around the corner she braved the voices again. As she came through the door everyone began to clap and Scarlett couldn't stop herself from smiling. Polly looked around to find Scarlett but Scarlett found her first. "What the bloody hell is going on?"

"It's a surprise," Scarlett whispered and Polly rolled her eyes. Scarlett's arm was around Polly's shoulders and she gave Polly a reassuring squeeze. As Polly turned to her left Scarlett let go and smiled as watched Tommy approach.

"When did you get back?" Polly furrowed her eyebrows.

"I didn't want to miss your birthday, Pol." Tommy replaced Scarlett's arm and the three all turned to each other with smiles. Arthur grumped something along the lines of 'Back to work' and the men scattered again. Scarlett linked her arm with Polly's.

"How do you know it's my birthday, nobody ever knows." Polly looked to the floor as she dismisses her own comment. Tommy smirked at Scarlett before turning back to his auntie.

"Scarlett reminded me." Polly and Scarlett shared a smile before turning back to Tommy. "It's different this year, John, Finn, bring the car around." Polly looked at Scarlett with wide eyes, but the young girl just smiled and almost began jumping with excitement.

"Where are we going?" Polly asked hesitantly.

          "To unwrap your birthday present." Tommy smirked. "Ladies first."

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

The ride to Polly's new house was short and sweet, even if Scarlett was forced to sit on John's knee thanks to the little space within the car, she enjoyed it nonetheless. As the car was pulling up to the set of luxurious houses John continued to make jokes about how the people within the houses were prudes, Scarlett laughed. John was the first to leave the car, helping both Scarlett and Polly out of it and towards the massive house in front of them.

          "Good Morning!" Arthur shouted, Scarlett laughed as he tipped his cap to some women who turned the other way.

          "How rude." Scarlett huffed as she linked her arm with Arthur's and walked beside him. Arthur agreed and Scarlett turned to him with a smile. "I wouldn't turn the other way, Arthur." She joked.

          "I should bloody hope so." He laughed as the family filed into the house. Both himself and Scarlett moved so that Polly could walk in first. The girls were mesmerised by the structure and decor of the house. It was beautiful.

          "You said you were gonna but Ada a house." Polly said, thinking about her family before her self— as usual.

          Tommy chuckled. "Yep. That's right, I did." John and Scarlett shared a look of confusion as she wasn't aware that everybody got a house but her. Although the idea of living alone scared the living daylights out of her, she wouldn't of mind being asked. "Just had a bit of cash left over."

          Polly turned to her nephew with a face of confusion as she stopped wondering around the house. "This is ours?" Time skipped a little as Tommy and Polly spoke, Arthur gave her the key to her very own house and soon enough more talk was happening.

          Scarlett smiled as she knew what was coming, Tommy's news. John and Arthur had gone to explore as she turned around and saw an empty doorway where they once stood. Scarlett looked at Finn who just shrugged and stayed where he was standing. She looked at Tommy and Polly before groaning to herself and running up the stairs. "John? Arthur?" She shouted, the house was so big she wasn't even heard from downstairs. "Hello?" The house creaked as she finished the stairway and stood above it, confused.

          "Boo!"

          "Agh!" Scarlett screamed and almost fell backwards/downstairs if John hadn't of caught her and pulled her into his chest while still laughing. Arthur was leant on the doorframe, hunched over and still laughing. After Scarlett had recovered, she slapped John's chest, pushing him away. "Arseholes!" She crosses her arms over her chest and walked down the hallway and into another room. They were still laughing.

( AUTHORS NOTE )
DID YOU GUYS SEE SEASON 5?? IT'S NOT FINISHED AS I WRITE THIS BUT I HAVE SO MANY OPINIONS THAT WILL BE SHARED WHEN I WRITE BOOK NUMBER ? OF THE SCARLETT SERIES 🤨 ALSO! i'm going to be writing whole episodes within chapter because i have SO much to get through, we're only on season two of FIVE? 😔