Chapter Twelve

David's P.O.V.

Fuck. She found out. I can't believe I was such a reckless idiot and didn't even think to check if that camera was recording. What am I going to do now?

I head back inside my house and begin pacing the room slowly. Clearly, she hates me now, that part's obvious, but... what did that kiss mean, if anything? She must've been into it, it was pretty hot. But now she knows what I did.

There's a knock at my door. I stop in my tracks and slowly turn towards the door. There is another series of knocks, but they are more intense this time.

"David, open up!" A voice shouts from behind the door. I start walking towards the door, the knocking continuing.

"What? What is it?" I say as I open the door, revealing Scotty behind it. His eyes are bloodshot, like he'd been crying, but his jaw was clenched tight.

"Where the fuck is she?" Scott says, pushing past me into my house. I shut the door.

"She's not here, Scott," I respond.

"Where else would she be, David? Where else does she have to go now that she thinks her best friends betrayed her? And she's lost her job?"

"Thinks? She knows what I did, and I already got the lecture from her, I don't need it from you, too," I take a seat in one of my bar stools.

"So, she was here," Scott moves closer to you.

"Yeah, she was, Scott. And guess what, she saw your little video you sent her," I lean towards Scott, "And now she's on a fucking flight to Florida! Ya happy?"

"Don't get mad at me, David. You are the one who uploaded that video and framed me for it... How could you do that to her?"

"Well, what do you want me to do, now, Scott?"

"I don't know, call her, tell her to come back here so we can fix this!"

"She's not fucking coming back, Scott,"

Scott stands still, visibly nervous and confused. I stand from the chair.

"She got a one-way ticket," I explain. "She's not coming back,"

"What the fuck do you mean 'not coming back'? She... she has to, this--this... this is her home," Scott's voice wavers.

"Well, now it's not," I say, falling back into the chair. Scott is silent for a few minutes.

"We have to go get her," Scott says.

"Go get her?! The fuck do you mean 'go get her'?" I say.

"We have to find her. I don't care what it takes to find her, but we have to. We can't just sit around and let her just slip away from us,"

"We've already lost her,"

"Not fuckin' yet, we haven't." Scotty starts patting his pockets for his keys. "Which way did she go?" He asks. I stand up from my chair, confused.

"She headed south towards the freeway," You respond. "What are you doing?"

"You let her drive?! It's raining!" Scotty looks at me, his eyes wide and jaw slack.

"I tried to stop her!" I defend.

"Where are your keys?" Scott mutters before grabbing my keys from the shelf.

"Uh, no, you are not driving my car," You say.

"I'm not, you are," Scott says and tosses me my keys, which I catch easily.

"Wait, what?"

"What are you waiting for, come on!" Scotty runs out the front door. I follow behind him.

"Scott, we're not going to find her," You say.

"Well, we've gotta try!" Scotty opens the door to my Tesla and gets in,then makes a motion for me to get in. I sigh and make my way to the driver's side of the car.

Y/N's P.O.V.

The headlights of passing cars start to blur as you speed your car towards the highway. You pull out your phone and dial your mom's number. The phone rings for a few moments before she answers.

"Hey, sweetie, what's up?" she says.

"Mom..." your voice breaks.

"Are you okay, honey?" She asks.

"No..." You respond.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm coming home," you stutter, trying to find the best way to explain what happened. "I... I'll call you back," You say.

"Sweetie, wait--" You hang up the phone. The tears in your eyes cause your vision to blur. You try to wipe them away, but they keep coming, like the rain pounding on your windshield. You sigh and wipe both your eyes. When you open your eyes, all you can see is two headlights racing towards you. You gasp, grabbing your wheel and jerking it back to your lane. The car barely misses yours, but you lose control of your back wheels on the wet road and the whole back side spins around. You try to turn out of the spin, but your car hits a bump on the side of the road and flips over. You close your eyes tight and grab anything you can in the vehicle. All you hear is glass breaking as your head smashes through the window.