The Underwear Dilemma.

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"What?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Uh... sorry." He averted his eyes, then pointed to the flowers on his beside table. "Thank you for the flowers."

"Of course. Are you doing alright?" Killian inquired with a concerned look on his face.
Things might've been rough between them, but that didn't mean he didn't care. He'd drop everything for West.

"Yes. How are you?"

"You're the one laying in a hospital bed..."

"Ah. Right." He nodded.

They were silent for a few seconds, 'til Killian started shifting around uncomfortably in his seat. West swore he saw Killian shove his hand down his pants. But he couldn't be sure, so he asked.

"What's going on down there?"

"Down... where?"

"You, uh, just shoved your hand down your pants... or was that just... me?"

"Oh. I'm not wearing any underwear, so the material is rubbing against my dick. Pretty painful." He casually replied.

West stared at Killian. Waiting for him to say that that was just a joke, but Killian returned his blank stare with one of his own.

"I don't understand."

"Well, actually... I was at Yolanda's place when Brittany called, so... It's-- She's just childish... I had to leave, and--" Killian was having a hard time explaining what had happened. He didn't want West to get the wrong idea.

"Let me guess, she wouldn't give your underwear back?"

"Yeah... How did you--"

"Ophelia used to do the same thing when I had to leave."

"Oh." Killian responded. He was now genuinely disturbed. "That's good to know. I guess."

"So... Are you and Yolanda, like, a thing?" He tried to sound nonchalant, but deep down, he was really curious.

"I don't know... Kinda."

"Oh. As long as you're happy."

Because that's all he really wanted.

"I'm not."

"Then what are you doing with her?"

I needed a rebound. He silently answered.

"It's just... sex."

"Does she know that?"
West didn't like Yolanda, that was no secret. But that didn't mean he wanted to see her hurt.

"I don't know. I think so. I don't know..."

"Well, you have to be sure. She's got feelings, too, y'know."

"Yeah." Killian shrugged, "I really don't want to talk about her."

West's doctor entered the room carrying a clipboard. Killian silently thanked the Gods she interrupted, he really didn't want to talk about Yolanda. It was complicated.

"Mr W.K Rickert... do you prefer Mr Rickert, or one of your two names?"

"Weston is fine."

"Right, Weston. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You were just in shock. It happens quite often in times of grief. You just need to rest for a while. I would advise you stop smoking, though. Your lungs are starting to--"

"Thank you, Doctor." West politely cut in. He didn't want to hear how he could develop lung cancer when he turned 40 or any of that depressing shit. He loved smoking, and smoking loved him. If it killed him, then so be it, at least he'd die doing what he loved.
The doctor nodded, then exited the room. Killian suddenly turned to West,

"What's your middle name?"

West furrowed his brows, he was reluctant to say anything, but this was Killian, he'd probably nag him 'til Kingdom Come. "Kadri..."

"What does that mean?"

"It's Vietnamese... and it means 'Valuable'."

West loved his second name, but he never used it, it was too painful for him. Paul had told him that his mother had given him that name just as she was wheeled into ER for an emergency C-Section. Somehow, she knew she wasn't going to make it, so she gave her baby one last gift... she gave him his name.

"It's beautiful."

"Thank you. Do you have a middle name?"

"Marshall."

West wrinkled his nose, "I don't like it."

"Wow, you are really... honest."

"Speaking of honesty, I think you should go get some rest. Maybe take a shower." West suggested, he made sure to enunciate the last word.

"Are you trying to say I smell?"

"Thanks for coming to see me, Kill. But I'm alright, as you can see."

"Fine..."

Killian gave West a parting hug, which was somewhat awkward, and then he was gone.
Immediately after that, West got up from bed and slipped on his sneakers. He had a feeling his dad was still in a critical condition.
And he was probably right.
______________________________