"Hyun, Merry Christmas"

Irene was quite surprised when Seulgi was busy like that and still remembered buying Christmas presents for her. She took the box, then opened it, Irene immediately widened her eyes. Inside the box is a sunflower-shaped stone necklace that looks extremely expensive. Her dislike for expensive items, that would make Irene feels like she owed someone something. Seulgi had money to buy her such an expensive thing and refused to see her doctor. It's ridiculous. In addition to the bad mood, Irene didn't bother to close the box, then gave it to Seulgi.

"Take it, I won't accept it" Seulgi is really sad when Irene said that. This necklace is for her to make her own. If it doesn't belong to Irene then it doesn't mean anything anymore. Seulgi's smiling gaze immediately stopped. She opened her mouth to ask.

"What's wrong? Hyun, take it" she said pleading and pushed the box towards her. Irene, once annoyed, is extremely impatient.

"I can't accept an expensive item like this, I don't want to owe you." Her uneasy speech made Seulgi not understand why she was suddenly like that. She licked her lips.

"What are you saying? This is a gift, what do you owe me?" Seulgi's head was a little dazed. She is due to not being conscious so she doesn't understand Irene’s words at all. She wasn't as sophisticated as usual to see Irene’s mood was bad. Seulgi only felt that her words were a bit strange. Thinking like that, Seulgi went to hug Irene on the shoulder, inviting her to lean on her lap. Seulgi cooed.

"What are you doing? Is it a bad day?" But Irene quickly pushed Seulgi away, immediately leaving her arms. Irene knew she was easily softened by Seulgi's lightness. She hated herself when she did. At those times, Irene felt that she was no longer herself and she was afraid of these strange changes when she was with Seulgi.

"No, I don't have anything, but I want to be alone. Go back" Irene tried to push Seulgi's hand to make her slip off the sofa and stand up. Seulgi saw that Irene was so fiercely attentive that she got drunk. Although her head still had some pain, Seulgi was aware that this was not one of those situations where she could easily comfort Irene for a sentence or two. Seulgi immediately stood up and went to the door. She stood from the outside while Irene was standing inside.

"Okay, okay, I will go. But please, can you take this? I really want you to have it" She also felt that the atmosphere was a bit stressful. Irene herself is also tired, she does not want to quarrel with Seulgi so she agrees to take it. But her next sentence when she got into her ear was a bit hard to hear.

"Okay. Then tell me, what do you want me to give you?" Seulgi frowned. Why did she ask her that? Seulgi let out a breath. Why did Irene not understand that this gift was merely derived from her feelings for her?

"Nothing. I just want you to wear it. Why do you have to take this seriously?" This is the first time that Irene saw Seulgi stiffening herself. Normally, if the atmosphere is bad, the two people are at risk of quarreling, Seulgi will always be the one to go to the country. But when she was like pleading in her heart that Seulgi went back, she tried to live and die without forgetting this. She said, exasperated.

"Because I don't want to owe you" Seulgi is a very patient lover. She was still deeply in love with Irene. She could stand her unreasonably. But unreasonably like this, Seulgi really can't understand Irene. Seulgi's voice suddenly grew to make Irene a little startled.

"You don't owe me anything. Hyun, where is it that you have such a thought? That when you receive gifts, you must give something back?" In Irene’s mind, there is no one in this world who gives nothing without asking for a response. Including emotion or material. She was a bit rigid, working in a field where the dark sides of people's hearts and society were most exposed, so it somehow invaded Irene’s thoughts. Everything is money given to porridge. And Seulgi has not yet made her change her mind about the love story that all exists.