Fairy Princess

Phillipo sat on my small locks, brown and very ugly. The strap that delivered oxygen was stuck in my nose, and I repetively sneezed, pretending to have an asthma attack.

        I liked to pretend.

        I liked to pretend to be sick, sometimes. To get out of things that I don't like.

        But even more often I pretend not to be sick. To be normal. To not have to wear a stinckin' somberero all of the time. To not know that oblivion is inevidable: to live a normal life.

        That is not going to happen.

        "Get out of the car. Go make some freinds." My mom ushered me out, and I slowly and self consiously lowered my eyes and pulled my sombrro over my face. Shuffling to the door, I glanced back at my mom, as she smiled and waved me away. Frowning, I went through the door, still glancing longingly at my mom,  and rammed face to face with a boy.

        "Jesus!" I called, glanicing at the boy who I had walked into. The boy was cute, with long black eye lashes, and dak brown hair that swept over his daziling blue eyes. Sudden wary of my ragged appearence, I stumbled backwards, falling into a flower pot behind me. Tomato red flushed to my cheeks, and I clumsily got up from the pot. I coudl feel dirt stick to my butt, and I nervously brushed it of, wacking him in the leg.

        "Oh god. I am a mess.." He smiled, a lopsided grin that caused my breathing to quicken, causing my lungs to feel filled with sand. I wheezed, yet he didn't scurry away. Nor hide. Nor make an excuse.

        I felt my heart jump in my chest.

        With no other words, he started to walk away, turning back to stare at my flushed complextion even more. And, as he did so, he rammed face to face with a meta pole. Laughing it off, he patted the pole, as if it were a person. As his laughing quieted, he continued to the stairs, his eyes trained to mine.

        Once again, I felt my face get hot, and I began to make my way towards the stairs, bumping into the pole that HE had bumped into.

Quick Break for a authors Note: Hey ya'll. I know I have been VERY inactive. I guess I just don't feel motivated. Like and comment if you like this story, cause it really helps. I need ya'lls supportt! And do you guys like the story, so far? keep liking and commenting, and I'll keep updating. Love ya'll! (I'm not from texas. I don't know why I am saying ya'll...)

        Mumbling a quick word of apology to the pole, I patted it before walking away. The stairs loomed in front of me, and I quickly, yet really slowly, made my way up the stairs. when I reached teh top, I smiled, my breaths coming out ragged.         

        I was just about to head for teh open door, where many other cancer-striken kids were grunmbling, when I fell backwards. In slow motion, I tumbled down teh stairs, Phillipo flying of my head. My lungs instantly filled with sand, and I was gasping for breath. My chest was tight, and I my brain felt sick. Closing my eyes, I amagined resting. Yet the wheezes escaping from my mouth were strong, and I couldn't imagine falling asleep untill they stopped.

        Unable to help myself, my eyes close. The wheezing slowed.

        And I was about to fall asleep.

        But then, the cute boy that I had seen eaarlier rushed down the stairs, and he yanked me off of the ground. He grabbed Phillipo, and placed him back home, attaching the oxygen nubes to my nostrils. he was panting, a worried look on his face.

        "mm." I smiled, my eyes opening. He had dug out the sand from my lungs, taken the weight of my stomache, and made my brain feel better. I slowly got up from my perch on the ground, and patted his arm, thanking him in the same way that I had thanked the pole.

        Was that wrong? Thanking a cute boy who had just saved my life, (Maybe. This happened a lot and so far I haven't died. But it sounds dramatic to say he saved my life, so I'm going for it.) the same way that I apologized to a pole after I had walked into it?

        I'm gonna go with yes.

        "Wow. Are you okay?" He said, the look of concern still covering his face.

        "Yeah. Im good." I wheezed. The look of concern remained for half a second more, before the same lopsided grin appearead on his face.

        "Can I help you get up the stairs, my fairy princess?" He asked, " Whoa. that sounded awkward." he paused, "amigo." I smiled, and he nodded his head, content with the nickname.

        "Let's go, amigo." He held his arm out to me, and I graciously took it. The feeling of panic and the inability to breath returned, but Phillip was still pumping oxygen into my body.

        Maybe this is what it feels like to be someones amigo.

        We reached the top of the stairs, and the boy held the door open for me. Technically, the door was aleready propped open, but I'm just gonna say it wasn't. I smiled at him, and took a seat in teh first open chair that I could find. Next to me, both seats were occupied. I nodded to teh occupents, a seventeen year old girl named Claire and a ten year old boy, Ed.

        "HELLO GUYS. AND GIRLS. AND GOD!" Patrick, teh leader of teh support group sang, his sqeaky, pitchy voice causing man of teh cancer-striken kids to cover their innocent ears. The pain was intense, yet Patrick was oblivious to the torture that he was causing us.

        "we are in the heart of jesus." He whisped now, the singing voice gone.

        Good thing, too.

        "He invited us here, so please. Be nice and on your best behavior." I rolled my eyes, unaware that they instantly went to the boy.

        His eyes were on mine.

        Panicked, I wondered what to do. Do I continue to stare at his beautiful face? Do I look away? Do I forget of his heroic deed?

        Choosing the first option, I conitnued staring. A lopsided grin took control of his face, and I couldn't help but continue to stare.

        And he stared back.

        Why?

        Why would he look at me? Like that?

        Why did he call me his amigo?

        I was really confused. I was a girl, a 16 year old girl, who was wearing a sombrero. I had CANCER. I was going to die soon, and you could tell just by  looking at me.

        I was a wreck.

        Yet he had looked at ME. And he still was.

        (okay, now he is kind of freaking me out. I am not lying when I say that he hasn't blinked once.)