ch. 2

Shit! Vampire kept me locked in his room. He was not drinking my blood. Maybe for that he stood away from me. So four days… At least I thought that everything would be fine. One night (at least I think so) he returned to his room. I waited for him. However, he was the only one with who I can talk. But now he doesn’t look good. Breathing hard and was nervous. He doesn’t come closer.

“What is it, Dark? Are you okay?”

“No. I…”

     I tried to get closer.

“Don’t! Stay there. I can’t control myself.”

“You need blood, right?”

“You’re smart girl.”

“I… Take my blood. I own you anyway. Take it.”

     He looked at me. His eyes were strange. He reached out his hand and I grabbed her. Then I found myself on my back in the bed. He took me in his arms and I head slightly to show my neck. I was so afraid. Dark slowly stuck his teeth into my skin. I heard how he drinking my blood. The strangest feeling was how I felt. The heat which made me whole… Every corner from me was in fire. I was happy that I did not expect. I was embarrassed. I did not even notice when he stopped drinking. I lay barely breathing. My eyes were slightly parted. I was not hurt.

     Vampire stroked my hair. He said that I will not have scratches. Not that I cared. I just watched him. I was so… obedient… I’d let him do whatever he wants with me. At least at this point.

“Soon you’ll be fine. The effect is temporary.”

“I understand.” – I answered quietly. – “Tell me about magicians. Tell me what’s happened here. Why not try to escape? You’re a vampire.”

“I tried.” – He said and his voice was irritated.  – “All we have tried. The more you run, the more confusing. The tunnels became a maze.”

“Why is all this?”

“Exchange. Give us the demons, and in return receive power. We are a bargaining chip. Just objects.”

     I turned to one side and cried. This is the top. We are like cattle. And humans are the lowest in the chain. Why I wonder? I am a pet of vampire. He looked at me and stroking me like I am animal. But I do not protest. I looked at him. I bit my lip. Dark smiled. He bent down and kissed my forehead. Who knew that there is such a world? In darkness and filled with supernatural creatures. It sounded amazing and if it had not happened to me I probably would not believed it.

     Suddenly someone knocked on the door. I was scared and I hid close to the vampire. He invited the unexpected guest. It was Liv. She must come to see if I’m alive. She came in.

“Can I talk to you alone, Dark?”

“Speak!”

“I… You know you can’t stand up to them. They want the girl. Give her to them. They will give you strength.”

     I was terrified. But he reached worse. I felt how he was incensed. Monstrous energy slipped on him. His eyes shifted from rage. Probably doesn’t like someone else to give him orders.

“Get away from my eyes, stupid woman! So as not to tear you apart. Tell your masters that human girl belongs to me. If they want her, let them come.”

“Dark…” – I clung to him. – “Surrender! Don’t create problems for human. I’m object, right? And you hate my race.”

“Shut up! Once I say something doesn’t backslide. You’re mine, no matter what they want… or you. Now get out, Liv. Leave!”

     She runs off as if she saw the Devil himself.   Leave us alone. It scares me. I stood further than Dark. I instinctively recoil. I was ready to hide on the other side of the room. I hate my weakness, but I could not compete with the Vampire. I wasn’t brave or strong. I was just a scared child. Well, I wasn’t child, but…

“Come, little one! Don’t be afraid!”

     I didn’t move. I could not turn away from him, but couldn’t get closer. It unnerved him. He ordered me to go with him. In direct order my body could not disobey. I don’t know why, but I obeyed. I stood face to face with him. I felt like a fool. When vampire raised his hand… I thought he would hit me, but… He stroked my hair. Bowed my eyes and cried. I bit my lip. Then I felt something warm on my face. What was that? I opened my eyes and saw… Dark drank my tears.

“Why…?”

“Don’t be afraid. I will not kill you if you think that. But really… Don’t interfere in my work.”

“Well, they… They would take me. You know it. We went through everything. I don’t know why.”

     He became serious. He answered, but I was not scheduled to hear it. He said:

“I know why.”

     I gripped in his hand, although it is disturbing. I looked him in the eyes. This surprised him. I asked him to tell me. Damn! He didn’t tell me. He told me to go to bed, then left. He would not answer me, but he knew. And why so offended when I told him that hates me? But it is true, right? He said it. He said he hates humans. So why keep it?

^^^

     Three days the vampire avoiding me, so I could not resist. I got out of the room, i.e. his room. I walked down the hallway. Suddenly I remembered what Liv said. Well, yeah. I made the most stupid and irresponsible thing. Got out of the asylum. Nobody saw me. I went out into the hallway. That one… the darkest… I forgot what kind of hell was there. But it is better to stay away from Dark. I would not be angry if it was all in my style. But I’m a fool.

     I walked down the hallway. I moved slowly and leaned against the wall. It was damp and cold. I was not afraid. Yeah right… I was terrified. Demons lurking at every turn. But I would not go back. I think that is fond of vampires and would not bear to suffer because of me. Not him.

     I wonder why I do that. Why am I trying to protect someone else, since I’m the one who needs protection? But the reason was not only that. I stubbornly refused to give up. I wanted to get away. I wanted to know what was happening. Is no one looking for me? My family… I could not believe that I am forgotten. I did not want to believe it. I clenched my fists. Fear was strong. Chills all over my body. However, I did not stop. My face was burning with tears. I swallowing the panic and keep moving.

     That’s the last thing I remember. I thought that something hit me. But I can’t be sure. And the darkness that swallowed me did not help me much. It was not peaceful. I could hear voices. Human, I guess. I felt something grabs my wrists in cold grip. Going up. The pain in my hands was unbearable. I struggled with myself. I wanted to open my eyes and to see what happens. Only it did not work. Like in front of me had raised barrier. But one thing was clear. This is a Nightmare!