Part 1

Based off of Jojo's Linked Universe found here: https://linkeduniverse.tumblr.com

***

Jasper Olaf was a tall man with thick black hair, sharp black eyes, and skin so pale people thought he was a vampire. He was also the richest man in town and was easily identifiable by the thick rings on his fingers, his brilliant bright clothing, and his ridiculous feather hat.

He was bored. Usually he took great pleasure in playing roulette or blackjack at his town's gambling den, but tonight was slow. Due to the heavy humidity of the night summer, the den was mostly empty. There were a few regulars, but they were old and smelled like cheese; not good conversationalist for a young, strapping man like Jasper. He thought about going home. Maybe tomorrow will yield better results.

There was movement next to him. Jasper glanced over. A blond man with a single eye sat down next to him, two drinks in his hand.

"Are you Jasper?" Asked the man with a slight smile on his lips. He placed the second drink close to Jasper's arm.

Jasper huffed. "Just so you know, I'm not interested."

The man chuckled. "I only brought the drink to open conversation. According to rumors, you know the way to the sacred forest."

He did. The rumors of place said it housed a sacred power, and anyone wise enough to find it will be granted with a wish. It took Jasper nearly everything he had to find it, losing one of his fingers and two men on the way. He always meant to go back and explore everything it had to offer, but in the end, he prefer keep the rest of his fingers. "And what of it?"

The eye-less man pushed the drink closer. "I want to know where it is."

Jasper immediately decided he did not like this man. He didn't like his looks, his attitude, and most of all, his choice in drink. The man bought him Chateau Romani. Fucking milk. Who goes to a bar and gets milk?

Jasper still took the drink. He downed it in one go. "And what will you give me for in exchange? A single drink isn't enough."

"What do you want?"

"Six million rupees."

The one-eye man laughed.

"I'm serious," said Jasper.

He stopped laughing. "...Nobody has that type of money."

"I have that type of money."

"Name something else."

"That's my price," said Jasper. "If you don't like it, find the forest yourself. Assuming you don't get yourself killed in the process."

The one-eyed man scowled, got up and left. Jasper watched him disappear through the front doors.

"Freak," he muttered under his breath as he ordered a better drink.

***

Ten minutes later, another man sat down next to him. This guy was younger, with lighter colored hair, thick lips, and such young eyes, Jasper wondered if he was even old enough to be in here.

"Hi there," said Baby-Face. "I hear you're the man with information."

Jasper huffed. "If you're with that other idiot, my price still stands."

A rupee bag was suddenly dropped onto the table. The drawstring slightly opened, revealing hundreds of red gems.

"That's five thousand right there," said Baby-Face. "Tell me where the sacred forest is."

Jasper was getting sick of this. He came here to have fun, not get accosted by cheap treasure hunters. He turned to Baby-Face, and while keeping eye contact, swept his arm out, shoving the rupee bag onto the floor. It fell with a great clatter, red rupees scattering underneath their feet, the noise catching the attention of everyone in the room. Greedy eyes narrowed in on the two.

"My hat costs more than that," Jasper sneered. "You honestly think chump change will get you what you want, kid? Trying to find that forest nearly killed me, and I won't settle for anything less. Now if you would please... piss off and let me finish my drink in peace."

Baby-Face squatted down to gather his scattered rupees. He didn't seem offended by Jasper's declaration, only frustrated. He opened his mouth as if to argue further, then finally noticed half of the people in the building was still staring at him and his money bag. Sensing danger, he tucked his bag under his arm and quickly got out of there, his metaphorical tail between his legs.

***

Just as Jasper finished his drink and made preparations to leave, another body slid into the seat next to him.

"Oh, for the love of-!" He turned to the person. "Will you and your little group fuck off-!"

He stopped, his voice dying in his throat.

"Am I interrupting something?" Asked the woman in teal Gerudo clothing. "I can still leave if you like."

Jasper sucked in a breath. He's never met a Gerudo before. Was she a Gerudo? He's always heard they were tall and had dark skin. This woman was pale and shorter than him. But weren't Gerudos warriors too? The woman had thick muscles around her arms, burn scars from years of fighting, long golden hair, and eyes so blue it was like looking into the ocean itself. Though half of her face was covered by a veil, she was stunning.

Jasper noticed in the far corner of the gambling den the men from earlier. They were not-so-subtly watching them.

His shoulders slumped. He groaned. "Are you here to get information too?"

"You noticed my brothers? I won't lie, they did send me over here, but I honestly don't care about their stupid treasure hunt. I came out here to have fun, not harass a good-looking man."

"Oh?" Jasper leaned closer to her. "And what's your name, sweetheart?"

"Zelda."

"That'll be easy to remember. Half of the girls in my village were named that."

"So were mine. Made for a confusing childhood."

Jasper grinned at her. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"Please. A Noble Pursuit, if this place has it."

Beautiful and she knew her drinks? Jasper hit gold.