Chapter 2. Start of my adventures

Been 2 days on the old ship, but the food was premium. I had some tuna salad and a mug of berry tea. The crew ate with us at that table.

I really wished, that I could have reached New York. Now (/CLASSIFIED/) years later though, I'm glad I didn't. I would prefer the situation I am in right now, than some cushy office job.

After eating lunch, I went to my cabin to rest,

"Ugh my head.. I really should have drank more water or brought more Algopirin..."

That day I was really sick, barely was able to get on top of the main deck. Maybe the tuna went bad. I slept a couple hours, woken up to the sound of waves, slamming against the hull of the mighty vessel.

Took a bit of thinking and I went out of my cabin, to take a look on the ocean, just to enjoy the blue ocean and the plastic waste floating on top.

The weather was stormy. No shore anywhere near us. Just the empty open ocean and the waving Atlantic. Maybe Poseidon had a bad sleep and decided to curse the ocean.

I had to fight hard with the ship tilting really hard in the waves, but finally managed to reach the top deck.

"Captain, what are these winds? I never seen any like this. Is this a hurricane?"

As I looked up to the captain at the console of the ship, I seen in his eyes he was scared.

"Mr. Skywood, looks like we got into a storm, maybe 3 hours and we are out. We will be back on our course to New York. Right after dinner time-"

He couldn't finish his sentence as a wave, almost size of the ship, knocked me to the deck. I heard yelling and screaming as I was laying there trying to get up. I was not sure if I broke anything, but my legs hurt. I heard someone yell behind me:

"THE MAST HAVE BEEN BROKEN, THE ROPES WON'T HOLD MUCH LONGER! EVERYONE GO DOWN A DECK AND HOLD ON-"

Last memory I can recall, before waking up on an island, stuck inside half of the ship, all my gear gone, the crew gone, I was alone. Alone in a place I never seen. I wonder so many times, what would have happened if the waves drowned me instead of putting me down on a path to my current life. I guess that was a start.

I spent the first day on that island, all alone in the world. No friends, no family, using parts of the sail to catch fish and sea food. It was just like the "Cast away" movie, just with my life on the line. As a biologist, thankfully I knew which types of stuff to eat and use for medicine.

A whole 3? Or 5? days passed, but then I found something I never thought I would! Over a tiny creak, over some sandy beach, next to a forest full of untouched nature.

A god damn town with people in it! My freedom from this island might be closer, than I expected!
—> next Chapter