Chapter 14: Sleep (眠い)

College is getting pretty busy this year for me, so this is just a friendly reminder in advance that I won't be updating for a while, if I have time.
_____

"Say ahn"
"Aahn"
You were with Shinobu as she was examining Tanjiro, to see if he was okay and ready to go.
"Yup, there's no problem with your jaw" Shinobu lets go of his jaw.

"I'm sorry, I can't see you all off. But please do your best for now on" she says.
"Yes! Thank you so much! Oh yeah yeah, Shinobu! (Y/n)! Have you two heard about the 'dance of the fire god' before?"

Shinobu still smiles while you looked confused.
"We haven't" she says.
"Eh?! Th-then what about the breathe of fire...?"
"We haven't..." she says.

So Tanjiro Tanjiro starts explaining to the two of you about the circumstances in the beginning.

"I see. So you used your father's breath of fire for some reason. If you ask a breathe or fire user, you may discover something for your interest. We don't know about 'breath of fire' but there is a 'breath of flames'." Shinobu says.

"Aren't they the same?"
"You just don't call 'breath of flames' 'breath of fire'."  Shinobu said.

"Just go to Rengoku, he's the flame pillar, so you'll pretty much get an idea out of him" you said.

"I'll go ask the crow"
The crow suddenly flies to Shinobu's window.
"Caw!"
"But the reply may take time" she says.
"Okay, time to depart! Are you coming (y/n)?"

"...In a minute, I got something in my mind right now"
Tanjiro looks at you for a moment and just cheerfully smiles.
"Oh, all right then" he gives you a kiss on the cheek and leaves.

Leaving you a red as a tomato. Shinobu looks at you surprised.
"I-it's not...that was just..."
Shinobu smiles.
"Don't worry I won't say a word. Honestly I never knew the day would come when you would be with someone. Just didn't expect with someone who's a rank below you hehe~"

"Well...I mean—"
"Do you like younger guys (y/n)?"
You looked at her irritated.
"Don't push it..."

Shinobu chuckles.
"Well it doesn't matter, I'm just happy that you're happy. And like I said, your secret is safe with me"

"I feel like this secret isn't gonna be so much of a secret soon anyways" you sigh.

"Well?"
"I just...I might need to let Giyuu know, at least. He's my big brother and he deserves to know first" you said.

Shinobu looked confused.
"Is that really a good idea?"
"Why shouldn't I?"
"Because, your brother can be very overprotective with you, and I think he would know last being all dense and stuff with this" she says with her typical smile.

"I don't think I'll do that, really..."
"Plus even though you two are siblings and act kinda the same, he's mostly hated by everyone—"
"No he's not"

After having a conversation with Shinobu, you went to dress casually in your usual kimono you always wear, to not be suspicious. You decided to wear flat boots for the travel. You wrap your sword up so no one would know what it is.

You just couldn't decide whether to be by Tanjiro's side or go to your brother.

Talking to your brother about not only the relationship you're having with Tanjiro, but something else that's also important.

So you decided to just take the chance and go with Tanjiro. You've been away from him for so long, so you wanted to.

There were no orders given to you, so you were in the clear to be with Tanjiro for the moment. You were sure not to make the same mistake again.