Chapter 2

(Art not mine)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class had ended, meaning lunch was next. You stood from your seat, packing your things into your backpack as the bell rang. Jamison followed you to your locker, carrying his bag by the handle, it practically dragging on the ground.

"Well, I gotta split." He told you. When you turned to look at him, he lifted his bag in your field of vision. "Have to drop this off." He informed. You nodded in understanding.

"See you at lunch, then." You spoke, closing your door and locking it. Jamison mock-saluted you, turning and walking in the other direction. You watched him until he turned the corner, turning around yourself and heading toward the cafeteria. "I wonder if they're serving anything good." You mused aloud. You chuckled softly. Doubt it, you thought. You entered the room for lunch, seeing that it was already pretty busy. You got in line, taking a tray and looking to see what they had.

Mashed potatoes, broccoli, and some ham that you didn't trust, among other things. You chewed your bottom lip, allowing some things to be scooped onto your tray. You made your way to your usual seat, your hunger dissipating. You sat down, placing your tray on the table in front of you. You eyed it cautiously, trying to figure out what wouldn't kill you.

You had debated about bringing your own lunch every day before, but since this was free, you decided to save money on groceries and suffer. You poked at your ham with a fork, placing your elbow on the table and resting your cheek on your fist, when you heard a thunder of footsteps. Glancing up, you saw everyone in one corner of the room, trying to get around each other.

You rolled your eyes. One thing you could appreciate about everyone's love for Genji, is that you always knew where he was, as long as he wasn't being secretive. You continued picking at your food, when you saw a figure enter your field of vision. Your eyebrows pinched together in annoyance. You looked up, seeing a flash of green hair. You groaned softly, looking back down.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked, his signature smirk on his face.

"Yes." You answered without hesitation. "So is this one, and that one, and this one." You pointed, finally looking up at him, meeting his gaze with your own challenging one. They weren't really all taken. You just didn't want to be anywhere near him.

"Well, what seat isn't taken?" He asked.

You hummed, pretending to think for a moment. Finally, you pointed to a table on the other side of the cafeteria. "That one." You spoke, looking back at him with a cocked eyebrow. He remained standing there, holding his tray. He looked down at you. When he made no move to leave, you sighed. "Get the hint, Shimada." You requested. "Besides, I think your fan club's over there." You told him, a bitter tone to your voice. He simply shrugged, walking over to his friends.

You let out a breath of relief, running your hands along your face. You took deep breaths, trying to force your heart to slow its beating.

"Hey, Y/n!" You heard someone yell. You relaxed considerably and broke into a grin at the familiar voice. Turning, you spotted Jamison making his way toward you with his tray. You waved.

"Hey, Jam!" You greeted.

"Please don't call me that. People will start thinking I belong on a peanut butter sandwich, or a scone, or something." He spoke, placing his tray down and sitting across from you. "Where's your other half?" He asked. You jerked your thumb in the direction of Genji. "I see." He replied.

"You know Azumi. She's our friend until Shimada's involved." You hissed, picking at your broccoli. Jamison hummed.

"I don't really see the attraction." He admitted.

"I don't either." You voiced. You saw some of it, the good looks, but you'd never admit that out loud. His looks didn't make up for his personality. Jamison picked up a piece of berry bread, stuffing it in his mouth. Your eyebrows pulled upwards in the center. "Was that worth it?" You asked, laughing softly.

He said something unintelligible, seeing as his mouth was stuffed. You placed your hand over your mouth, trying not to laugh at his misfortune. Once he swallowed, with difficulty, he shook his head. "No." He confirmed. You laughed out loud.

"You're such an idiot." You told him.

"Hey!" He shouted, pretending to be offended. He crumpled up his napkin and threw it at you. The object bounced off your forehead, landing on your lap. You picked it up, throwing it back at him. He picked up a piece of chicken, drawing it back. Your eyes widened.

"No!" You instructed, standing and rushing out of the room. You peered back in, seeing him clutching his stomach, doubled over. "Not funny!" You yelled, walking in and returning to your seat.

"You should have seen your face!" He spoke through laughs. You couldn't help but laugh with him. When you both finally recovered, you finished your lunches without any further interruptions, discussing various things you were interested about.

"Hey, what if you come over to my house tonight, and I'll make you some good berry bread." You offered. His face lit up.

"Deal." He said, reaching his hand forward. You chuckled, grabbing it and shaking it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things should be starting to get interesting in the next chapter.  :D

Leave a comment!  <3

~Mara