Chapter 35- Relationships

America's eyes flashed wide open. "Oh my God". He lifted his uper body in lightning speed. He unplugged his phone from his nightstand next to his bed. He opened it and checked the date right away. Saturday "OH. MY. GOD!". He looked at the floor of his room, his eyes shining brighter than the sun. He was at the edge of tearing up. He hadn't walked for a whole month. He hadn't left his room for a whole month. He sat at the edge of the bed. He was slightly trembling. Happiness and excitement overflowed him. He stepped a foot. The feel of taking a step felt almost unfamiliar to him. Now he had to move his 'paralyzed' leg. He hadn't moved it since he woke up, because he was used to not moving it. He bit his lip and begged. He begged for it to move. He... He could! Not really well, but he would be able to walk. He covered his mouth, it could have been one of the happiest moment of his life! Not walking for a month is not fun, as you can tell. He straggled but managed to put his other foot down on the floor. It was the first time in his life he actually wanted to stand up and run around. Or walk, because he can't run with a half-paralyzed leg. He stood up, really enjoying how it felt to use your legs again. "MOM!!". He 'ran' down to find his mom. He needed to show her. "Momomomomom!".

France heard America's voice moving from his room to the staircase to finally behind her. She smiled widely. When she turned around she saw a very proud-looking American standing on his own. She quickly looked at him from bottom to top. She smiled at him and opened her arms for a hug. America fell right in her arms. He hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. His mother had to let go though, they couldn't just keep hugging for the rest of eternity. "How are you feeling?". "Weird as all heck!" He answered with a smile on his face. "Est-ce que ta jambe va bien (Is your leg okay)?". "I can move it but not very well. I can walk just fine though!". He wanted to reassure his mom that he could walk. He didn't want to stay in his damn room any day longer. "That's good! We'll have to go to the doctor today to check on you. Do you think you can be okay with it?".He chuckled. "Mom I am ready to run a marathon! But please, please, PLEASE, can I go see Russia before we visit the doctor?". France frowned and looked down. 'That's not a yes sign'. "Sorry sweetheart, you can't go over. I'm afraid you can't leave the house for a few days". "W-WHAT?!". He yelled. "Why not?!". France hesitated to speak because she didn't know how America would react. "W-well.. since your leg is still a-a tiny bit paralyzed we can't be sure you'll be able to make it. Y-You'll have to be with one other person to leave the house. Please, understand.". America stared at France right in the eyes. She knew he was mad as hell right now. But, rather than yelling, he looked up and sighed. "Yeaaah, I do. Sorry for yelling at you". He hugged her. "And for being a huge d*ck". "America, language" "Sorry. .". She rubbed his back to comfort him. "It's okay, honey". They stopped hugging once again. "So when can I go out on my own?". "On Monday. I think it's fair. If you are still not okay you'll have to sit home for as long as it takes. Just please don't lie to me about it, okay? It's serious". America eyerolled. "I won't lie about it, I promise". France smiled again. She could understand when America wasn't telling the truth, and that is not one of those times. "Go wake up Australia in half an hour if you can." "What about Canada?" "He went out for something like 'date preparation', as he said". America smirked. "Date with who?" "He didn't tell me". "I bet he'll tell me! I'll ask him later". France chuckled.

America sat and chatted with his mom a little more as she was doing a handful of chores, and then went and sat on the couch. No, he was not going to his room again. For at least a week. He opened his phone for a perpuse other than call Russia. He went threw social media, texted a few of his friends and just did whatever he used to do before the whole incident. Then, he decided to call Canada to ask him about the whole 'date' thing. He opened his contacts, and the last person he called showed up. A lot of times. Russia. He wanted to ignore it and just scroll down and find Canada's number, but the word 'Russia' kept appearing as he scrolled down, because he had called him so many times. He couldn't take it. He closed his phone and rested his head on the the couch's pillow. He took a few moments. "If only you'd be here right now...". He sighed. He was getting upset because of him, again. But he couldn't help but think,