Suddenly, a man came rushing to us as he almost ran to the shops behind us. However, his shoulder collided with mine which sent me sideways and nearly to the floor.

I managed to stay on my feet just about, but my arm felt as if it was bruising already.

"You fucking watch it," I heard Xavier almost growl out at the man. His hands were clenched at his sides and his body was rigid.

The older man who seemed to be in his mid thirties wore a suit but he wasn't any short of muscle. My heart rate spiked. He couldn't go picking fights.

"Don't talk to me like that, I'm in a rush," the other man snapped back as we were planted in the middle of town, many people still rushed beside us and surrounded our bodies.

"I don't care if you're fucking in a rush, you shoulder barged her!" Xavier pointed to me as his voice got louder. Oh shit.

I went up to Xavier and laid my hand on his shoulder.

"Come on," I whispered to him, enough so he could hear me.

"Look, kid, don't be a dick head," the man replied as he went to head off. Xavier pushed him back and the flicker of anger on the other mans face made my skin crawl.

"Xavier!" I gasped as I tried to pull him away.

"Watch where you're fucking going next time, prick," Xavier let out menacingly. His voice even scared me and it wasn't aimed directly at me.

"Watch your fucking mouth, I can report you,"

"Oh I'm so scared," Xavier replied as he lifted up his hands. "Now say sorry to her," Xavier pulled me closer to him. The man rolled his eyes in reply. "Say sorry for barging her over" Xavier boomed.

"Sorry, I'm sorry for barging you over," the man replied but the anger in his eyes wasn't mistaken.

Xavier grabbed the top of my arm and led me away from the man without another word. I was still a little gob smacked in all honesty. What did he do?

"Xavier!" I gasped again as soon as it actually dawned on me what had happened.

"Don't start," Xavier let out.

"Don't start!" I spluttered. "You're the one who started on that man!"

"He nearly knocked you to the floor," Xavier replied but his voice had taken on a colder and more neutral tone.

"I don't give a shit about that, Xavier, you can't go round doing things like that, he could have hurt you and-"

"He wouldn't have hurt me, can you just please shut your mouth?" His words cut deep and I stopped dead in my tracks. He didn't bother stopping, I don't think he realised I had even stopped.

He was sulking by himself, and I wasn't putting up with him.

I turned around and made my way back on my own. Fuck that, nobody spoke to me like that. I wouldn't put up with it. He was so infuriating.

One step forward, two steps back.

I walked fast on my way back to the college building without Xavier. I didn't care that I left him on his own. He had to learn that I wasn't going to be talked to like that.

When the college building was in sight, I sighed in relief. Lucky he hadn't caught up with me, I needed time to myself. Bloody boy.

I walked to the building where my room was situated.

As soon as I got to my room I opened it up and locked it back again.

I switched on the kettle and I also turned on the tele. Background noise was the best noise.