Kairi x Umika: One step, Two step, three step

"Kairi. I'm sorry." Umika mumbled as she looked down.

"Guys. Tell me you're joking." Kairi said as no one answered.

"TOOMA!" He shouted as he shook the blue Lupin. Nothing came out of Tooma's mouth. No one spoke.

"Umika. Please tell me that you got the lupin collection." Kairi walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders. Umika sat there and looked up. A tear rolled down her face as she shook her head. Kairi released her and made a fist with his hands.

"Damnit all!!" Thre blond shouted as he slammed his hand on the wall of their beloved resturant.

"You guys had one job! One job! Why! Damnit all!!" He shouted as he slammed his other hand on the wall. He placed his forehead onto the wall and took in a deep breath.

"Kairi..." Umika whispered as she looked at the hopeless figure standing.

"It's over." The two heard him say. Tooma looked up and adjusted his gaze to Kairi.

"Kairi?" Umika said.

"It's over. They're not comming back. Our dream. Our family. Our promise. It's over." Kairi said as he wiped his eyes and walked away.

One step, two step, three step. Away from you.

'I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.'

The lad reached his hand out to the girl standing in front of him.

"Umika, don't do it." He meant to shout it out loud. However with his serious injuries and him on the ground made it sound like a whisper. Umika looked around and smiled as a big explosion flew her way.

"UMIKA!!!!" He finally shouted as the explosion finally hit her. It blew them up and blasted them away. Tooma and the patorangers looked at them hopeless as they flew away.

"Kairi-kun!! Umika-chan!!" Noel shouted.

She laid in on front of him not responding. He reached out his hand to her trying to stand up. He was too far away from her. His mouth kept repeating her name. He finally stood up stumbling.

One step, two step, three step. Closer to you.

He finally reached her as he collapsed next to her. Picking her up up and hugging her, a tear escaped his eyes.

"Umika, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have blamed it all on you. It wasn't your fault. I'm sorry, don't leave me." He said holding her. A smile appeared on her face as her eyes opened. 

"This is the first time, I see Kairi cry." The girl said as she wiped his tears away.

"Thank god, you scared me." He said hugging her.

"Kairi- I can't breath." She patted his back as he squeezed her.

"I told you to run, didn't I?" He said with a hint of anger in his voice.

"I couldn't leave you to die, Kairi." She whispered and smiled.

"You're only 18 Umika. You should live. You still have alot of things you don't know." He said and held her nose. It just made her laugh.

"Stop with the chatter and lovey dovey stuff. It's making me pissed." Dogranio shouted.

"Umika, lets regroup with the others." Kairi said as be tried to help her up. She shook her head and smiled.

"My legs done for, you can leave me here, Kairi." The brunnette said as she looked down to her legs.

"Umika climb on my back now! He's about to fire at us!" Kairi shouted.

"Too late!" The gangler moster laughed as he fired a shot at the girl. Luckily, Kairi blocked it with his arm.

"Thank you, Umika. For agreeing to be a Lupinranger. With me and Tooma." Kairi smiled.

"Kairi? Quickly run!" Umika held his arm.

"I love you, Umika. Thank you." He whispered in her ears and it made her look at him.

One step, tewo step, three step, away from you, for now and forever.

"Kairi!!!!!!" The girl shouted as she looked at the figure in front of her fall down helpless. Tears rolled down her eyes as she held her chest.

"Kairi you dumb ass! Why?!" She cried.Tooma and Noel flew in and grabbed her and Kairi. They helped send the two to the hostpital. Umika passed out on the way and so the two was sent to the emergency room. Umika woke up 2 weeks after her treatment. Kairi fell into a coma and the doctors didn't know when he could wake up. Maybe today, tommorow, a week, a month, a year or never. Umika visted Kairi everyday, hoping that he would wake up anytime but everytime, she'll leave without hearing his voice or seeing him opening his eyes. She'd sit down next to his bed, hold his hand and talk about her day. Deep down, she knew that he's listening and silently replying.

"Kairi, I'm graduating highschool today with Shiho-chan. I know you won't be there, yet I want you to be there, Kairi. To show you how much I've grown up." Umika said as she gripped Kairi's hand. Tears rolled of her cheeks and dropped down on the lad's hand. Umika looked at her watch and grabbed her bag.

"It's time for me to go, Kairi. I'll see you later." She said as she gave him a kiss on his cheek.

One step, two step, three step. I leave you behind, laying on that bed, unconcious. I face foward, and looked towards my future.

As the music went on and claps were given, the principal called down each and everyone of the student's name. When Shiho's turn finished, she gave Umika he brightest smile which, Umika happily returned.

"Hayari Umika." The principle said. She stepped on the stairs, one step, two step, three step. Onto the main stage and towards the principle as she received her certificate. People clapped, knowing that she helped save their town. Some fans were there, shouting her name. Of course the Keiichiro, Sakuya, Tsukasa and Tooma was there too.

Click clack click clack. I can sense you, I can see you clearly. Just a bit more. Just a bit more!

"Umika!!!" A familiar voice shouted. This made her head jolt around and search for the owner of the familiar voice. Her eyes landed on a certain figure waving at her. She cried. This time, she cried tears of joy. She gave the figure her brightest smile and waved back. She stood next to her bestfriend as she comforted her.

One step, two step, three step. I haven't reached you. Yet. But you see me, you sense me. You looked at me. You acknowledge that I'm here. And thats all I need.

After the ceremony ended, Umika took tons of pictures with fans and friends. She did it quickly so that she can meet that figure in the auditorium. A figure aproached her, a familliar one. The figure that she loved. His face became clearer has he walked towards her. She didn't wait for him to slowly walk to her, she was too excited. She ran and ran and ran and at last she jumped on him, giving him the biggest hug he can get from someone.

"You thought I would miss your graduating ceremony?" He smiled as he gave her his signature nose squeaze. She shook her head and smiled.

"I knew you'd come, Kairi." She said and dug herself into his chest.

"I'll never miss it. That's why I forced myself to wake up." He said. "Because, this is the important day for the girl I love." Her smiled, and gave her a kiss. They stood there, in front of the students, the parents and the friends. Not caring of what will happen.

One step, two step, three step. I finally reached you. I don't care what happens in the future. In this second. In this minute. In this hour. On this day. On this year. In this lifetime, I met you. And you gave me the chance to come near you, to be with you. I love you, and I will never let you go. In the end, it only took me my whole life to see you,  and only three steps, to reach you.

   -The end-