Chapter 19

I wake up and realize what I did last night.

I'm so fucking dumb. I think to myself

I look over my shoulder and see Jeff still asleep and mentally face palm myself.

Yes, I know we didn't go anywhere except kissing and stuff but he still slept in my bed and I kissed him.

I get out of bed and grab an oversized neon green hoodie and black shorts. I go down to the kitchen and see my mom making breakfast.

"So... he slept in your bed last night." She says still looking at the food.

"Yes, but it was a big mistake and I'm mad with myself and him." I say with a sigh.

"I know you'll probably get back with him, because the way you look at each other and your love for each other, but you need to wait a while longer before that happens. Don't rush into it." She says setting down the spatula on the counter.

"I know mom. I don't plan in getting together soon, maybe never again." I say.

"Okay. There's some pancakes on the table." She says pointing to it.

"Wait, so then, what are you making?" I ask.

"Nothing. It just gave me some time to talk to you away from your brother, friends, and kids." She says with a smile.

"You're so weird." I say rolling eyes.

She laughs and walks to the table. I follow her and grab some food. I sit down next to Danny and Hailey. Canyon was in a highchair next to Danny playing with his tray with toys on it.

"Do you have anything planned today Danny?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, my boyfriend's coming over." He says.

"You have a boyfriend?" Mom asks.

"Yeah..." He says.

"Danny, you never told me you liked boys." She said.

"He never told me either." I say.

"Well, I'm bi." He says.

"Well, it doesn't matter what your sexuality is, we still love you." Mom says.

"Yeah, you'll always be my baby brother." I say.

"Thanks guys." He says with tears in his eyes.

We smile at him and continue to eat. I see Jeff, David, and Ellie walk down to the dining room and smile at them.

"Hey guys." Mom says.

They smile and sit down. They get some plates with food and eat it. Jeff sits across from me and gives me a small smile. I smile back and he goes back to eating his food. I finish my food and grab my plate to clean it.

"Pay." I hear behind me.

I feel arms wrap around my waist and a small kiss on my neck. I flinch slightly as I feel his lips.

He pulls away and gives me a confused look.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think I'm ready for this." I say.

I see sadness form in his eyes and he looks down.

"I'm sorry Jeff." I say walking out of the kitchen.

I grab Hailey and Canyon and go to my room. I set Canyon on the floor and Hailey next to him. Canyon crawls over to Hailey and puts his small hands on her knees.

Canyon gives Hailey a little smile and giggles. Hailey smiles back and kisses his head.

"I love you bubba." She says hugging him.

Canyon makes a gurgling noise and then pushes her away. Hailey laughs and tickles him. I smile at them and sit in front of them.

"Hey Paidoh, Ellie and I need to talk to you." I hear David say.

"Okay. Hailey watch Canyon. I gotta leave for a minute." I say.

She nods her head and I follow David into the guest room. Ellie was sitting on the bed waiting and looked up when I walked in.

"So, what's up?" I ask.

"Well, we were wondering if you would like to be the godmother for our baby?" Ellie asks.

"Sure- wait what?! Baby? You two?" I ask.

"Yeah. We're having a baby." David says grabbing Ellie hand.

"Of course. Who's the godfather?" I ask.

"Um, Jeff." David says.

"Oh." I say with a sigh.

"We found him trustworthy and good with kids." Ellie says.

"What about Todd? He has a kid... and probably fifty others." I say mumbling the last part.

Apparently I didn't say it quiet enough because David laughs.

"You're probably right, but Jeff was the best option to us." Ellie says glaring slightly at David.

"Okay." I groan.

"Yay!" Ellie exclaims clapping her hands.

I laugh at her childish actions and shake my head in disapproval.

"Why? Why are you like this?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders and walks away.

"Thanks so much Paidoh." David says hugging me tightly.

"Can't. Breath." I try to get out.

He lets go laughing slightly.

"Sorry." He says.

"Its good DaveMan." I say.

He gives a smile and then leaves. I get up and go back to my room, only to find Hailey and Canyon asleep on the floor.

-later that night-

Danny's boyfriend just left and it was pretty late. I just put Hailey and Canyon down for the night and crawled into my bed.

"Hey Paisley?" I hear from outside my door.

"Yeah? Come in." I say.

Ellie walks in and sits on my bed.

"We went to the doctor today and they said I am ten weeks pregnant." She says.

"Wait, you're ten weeks pregnant? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I ask.

"I don't know. We didn't tell anyone until the week." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"But, they found something." She says.

"Please don't tell me it's anything bad." I say.

"No, if anything, it's amazing. We found out I'm pregnant with twins." She says.

"Omg. Congratulations." I say hugging her.

She hugs me back. I pull away and see a big smile on her face.

"Ellie, you're gonna be such a good mom." I say.

"Thanks Paisley. I learn from you." She says.

She gets up and leaves and I end up falling asleep really quick.