[~ Birthday 6/27 ~]

Start from the beginning

I walked into the building and went straight to the bathroom and look in the mirror.
It's another day, which means I'm going to have to stick with these again.

I look at the sunglasses.

I don't know why I even bother wearing these, the other children know how I really look like anyway.

Oh yeah...the teacher said so.

~

"Hideous! Oh dear lord, just hideous!" The teacher said, pointing straight at me as the other students watched in amusement. "Ugh! Start wearing sunglasses, child! Do you have no sense of shame with those eyes?!"
She grabs a pair of sunglasses and shoves it unto my eyes, almost pushing me.

Silence takes over the classroom. I hear some of my classmates snicker as they try not to let out their laughter.

I couldn't move.

I felt so...embarrassed...so humiliated just standing there at the door. Uncle papa told me that they'll be fine with my eyes. That everyone will treat me like a normal person. I guess people just are not as nice as they seem.

"So? Are you not going to go to your seat, Ridgewell?" The harsh spiking of the teachers voice made me flinch. I slowly put my head up only to be met with what felt like hundreds of eyes sharply poking me. The only seat left was in the 3rd row at the 7th seat.

I shakily made my way to the chair, putting down my bag and sat.

I hear the teacher let out a deep sigh then continued onto the orientation.

~

My vision starts to go blurry as tears starting flooding as I recall the memory of my first day.

"Pull yourself together, Tom," I tell myself off. "The other kids will think you're a fetus in that body."

I don't know why I tell myself off like this. I want to be comforted when I cry. I don't want to be told off for being weak. But somehow, I do this to myself.
It's like a second voice that I just can't get rid off, that I can't control or stop. Like a demon.

"Stop it, stop it. Stop crying before someone walks in on you, moron!" I keep muttering curse words like a mantra for my tears to stop coming.

I looked at the clock. It was only 15 minutes before the class starts.

I wipe away the remaining tears, grabbed my bag and began to head for the classroom, along the way, I was still looking down.

"Oooh! It's the pineapple and bowling ball's son coming in everyone! Look!" The president of the class, Jerry pointed at me as soon as I walked into the classroom.
My breath hitched as my classmates began giggling and snickering at my being.

I look down, not wanting to meet with anyone's eyes and head to my seat. Right in the middle of the classroom. The spot where I can feel everyone's eyes and hear their tauntings. It's the worst seat.

"Hey, Tom! Did you do the assignment in science from yesterday?" I hear Stacey's voice from my right. Stacey is a pretty girl. My crush on her was obvious to everyone and even her. I can tell she uses my feelings to her advantage but she's the only person who was actually nice to me, I can't just cut off my connection with her.

"Y-yeah...yes I d—"

"Oooh! Goodie! Can I please maybe...copy it?" Stacey goes to my level so that I could see her pretty puppy eyes. I could never resist those.